2015 SF Edward Morrow - Signed

trickey

Do we really have room for both Pinder and Morrow next year? They seem like too similar of players - athletic small-forward types. It seems like we are pretty set at that position already, especially if we land Deng this year.

If we can land Morrow, I think I'd let Pinder go elsewhere. We need to add a true post player and an outside shooter (I like Andrew Fleming - haven't heard much about him lately). If we don't land Dickerson or Smith this year, we may also need a point guard.

Let Pinder go and ruin my avatar? No way!

he tweeted about the win and how bad he wants to be here.

• 3 weeks later...

Some people have concerns about Morrow's size as it relates to him playing the 4-spot.

As a Jr in high school, Morrow's newest measurements are 6'7", 210 lbs. (That is what David Rivers is right now as a Jr in college).

With him being a Jr in high school right now, it would not be crazy to think that he could grow another 1, maybe even 2, inches over the next 2 years. There is also a very good chance that he could gain 15-20 lbs over the next 2 seasons, which would put him at 6'7" (or 6'8"-6'9") and 230 lbs as a true freshman.

Add in the fact that he is more explosive, more athletic, and more skilled than the players that Nebraska currently has playing the 4-Spot...and that is a pretty substantial upgrade, in my opinion.

Here is the link to his current rivals profile:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nebraska/basketball/recruiting/player-Edward-Morrow-153098

In this interview, talks about how Morrow matched up well against Jahlil Okafor. If people are worried about his ability to play in the post...I would think that him being able to match up with one of the best post players in the country would help to stop those worries. And in that matchup, he was only a Junior, while Okafor is a senior...

http://www.highschoolcubenews.com/news_article/show/363257?referrer_id=596370

Okay an unoffical is on his own dime, but what can the staff do for him while he is here? I ask because I don't know.

Thanks I'll hang up and listen.

Obviously no meals, entertainment, transportation to Lincoln, or lodging are provided. Other than that it can be treated just like an official, except there is no 48 hour time restriction on an unofficial visit. The university can even provide transportation around campus and between venues. His unofficial could look something like this:

Friday Night:

-Meet and greet with staff and players.

-Facilities tour.

-Dinner/Entertainment (on own dime) with players.

Saturday:

-Unorganized pick-up game/workout with players.

-Meet and greet with S&C Coach.

-Lunch (on own dime) with staff and/or players.

-Attend spring game. (University provides no more than three tickets)

-Dinner (on own dime) and meeting with Coach Miles.

Sunday:

-Breakfast (on own dime)/meet and greet with life-skills coordinator.

-Meet and greet with academic coordinator/counselor.

-Campus tour.

-Lunch (on own dime) with staff members.