2015 SF Edward Morrow - Signed

trickey

Morrow has been raised as a no-nosense hard working kid with ties to Nebraska.

Being able to have him meet a guy like Terran Petteway, a guy with probably a similar type of work ethic that the staff was able to focus into amazing results should almost make Morrow ours to lose.

If you can land a kid like this...are there more Chicago kids to come?

the video CWG posted has a few different shots, he nails a nice jumper. Could you imagine this line up..

Junior Tai Webster/Senior Dickerson

Senior Terran Petteway

Senior Shavon Shields

Freshman Edward Morrow

Senior Walter Pitchford

throw in a Pinder, Deng, Hammond, Hawkins Parker and Fuller bench.... damn.

the video CWG posted has a few different shots, he nails a nice jumper. Could you imagine this line up..

Junior Tai Webster/Senior Dickerson

Senior Terran Petteway

Senior Shavon Shields

Freshman Edward Morrow

Senior Walter Pitchford

throw in a Pinder, Deng, Hammond, Hawkins Parker and Fuller bench.... damn.

Dickerson is a freshman this year, just like Tai Webster.  If he comes here, they would be in the same class.

Seems like that's also a pretty small lineup considering Miles has often said that Shields is more of a 3 and certainly Morrow is being touted as a three.  Which would be OK, if we had a beast of a post player to bang inside and swipe the boards.

Hopefully in 2 more years, though, we have that one big that we've been needing.

Do you think Trey starts pg over tai? How would you divide it all up? I meant that wod be the 2016 lineup

No, he won't start over Tai as he Tai would move to the off guard.  Lineup might look something like this:

Trey

Tai

Sheilds

Petteway

Pitchford

Do you think Trey starts pg over tai? How would you divide it all up? I meant that wod be the 2016 lineup

No, he won't start over Tai as he Tai would move to the off guard.  Lineup might look something like this:

Trey

Tai

Sheilds

Petteway

Pitchford

I'm not sure what anyone has seen in Tai that shows he can play the 2. 

His biggest strengths require him to have the ball in his hands: he absorbs contact well driving the line, kicks it out fairly well when he drives/runs into traffic, and shields the ball well when backing the ball up the court.  Considering he moves poorly without the ball on offense and has no outside shot, why in the world would we want him to play the 2?   

If Tai sticks around over the summer and works on his game, his shot will develop.  I have no doubt about that.  I can see him being a guy who can get to the rim, pull up from mid-range and shoot the deep ball, all three levels.  He can also pass.  And if you have a guy in Dickerson who can do those same things, I could certainly see Miles playing both at the same time.  But, yes, I can see Tai as a 2.  Not the way he shoots it right now, but I have every confidence those numbers will improve significantly next season.

If Tai sticks around over the summer and works on his game, his shot will develop. I have no doubt about that. I can see him being a guy who can get to the rim, pull up from mid-range and shoot the deep ball, all three levels. He can also pass. And if you have a guy in Dickerson who can do those same things, I could certainly see Miles playing both at the same time. But, yes, I can see Tai as a 2. Not the way he shoots it right now, but I have every confidence those numbers will improve significantly next season.

Do you think he sticks around this summer or goes and plays for New Zeland in any of their natinal team games.

I would assume that he will get home for some time, maybe not, but it would be hard to be that far away from mom.;)

Unless you're in the miltary then isn't it soooo much fun you forget about being at home? ;)

Do we really have room for both Pinder and Morrow next year?  They seem like too similar of players - athletic small-forward types. It seems like we are pretty set at that position already, especially if we land Deng this year.

If we can land Morrow, I think I'd let Pinder go elsewhere. We need to add a true post player and an outside shooter (I like Andrew Fleming - haven't heard much about him lately).  If we don't land Dickerson or Smith this year, we may also need a point guard. 

According to the Simeone Head Coach's Twitter page, John Groce and Coach Ford were in to see Ed Morrow, Zach Norvell and Ben Covett...

Simeon SF DJ Williams is a Illinois commit for 2015.  They have two high level PF's already signed for the 2014 class.  He's not really going to go after Morrow but he has to show interest or the in state folks will turn on him if things go south for not going after Chicago kids.

Do we really have room for both Pinder and Morrow next year? They seem like too similar of players - athletic small-forward types. It seems like we are pretty set at that position already, especially if we land Deng this year.

If we can land Morrow, I think I'd let Pinder go elsewhere. We need to add a true post player and an outside shooter (I like Andrew Fleming - haven't heard much about him lately). If we don't land Dickerson or Smith this year, we may also need a point guard.

Let Pinder go and ruin my avatar? No way!