Deng Deng 2014 Juco F *committed to Baylor 5.4.14*

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to bump this to see if anyone has any new info on Deng. He was the recruit I was most intrigued by due to his skill set and what he could bring to next years team before the broken foot. With Sergej gone it frees up a scholley in the jr class, or if his recovery is slowed he redshirts and is in a smaller soph class. I think he would be worth the risk with more scholarships open. Also, it sounded like he was ours to lose early in the recruiting. Anyone have info to share?

I wanted to bump this to see if anyone has any new info on Deng. He was the recruit I was most intrigued by due to his skill set and what he could bring to next years team before the broken foot. With Sergej gone it frees up a scholley in the jr class, or if his recovery is slowed he redshirts and is in a smaller soph class. I think he would be worth the risk with more scholarships open. Also, it sounded like he was ours to lose early in the recruiting. Anyone have info to share?

Thought about that too, would that fall under Tim's ODD piece?

I think this may be even more an option now. He could come in and redshirt the the first year and become fully healed.

I said the same thing in a different thread.  Your post might have come first and I certainly used more words, but we were thinking alike.  #fistbump

wheres my credit for saying it over a month ago on this thread  ;)

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:25 AM

If Nebraska doesn't find any other immediate options if still like to get him if he'd be willing to redshirt. Gets him fully healed then separates him from the big junior class and can help bridge the gap for a stretch 4. 

I think he is the back up plan, like others have stated. Prior to the injury I think he was more in the picture. A lot depends on what happens in the next two weeks and how 2015 shapes up.

I think the Vucetic thing made Miles a little more wary to throw schollies around.

1 and done guys arent as big of a risk.

I think Miles knows he can get a decent '15 class so maybe Deng is a bit more of a "risk".

I think if he is healthy, he is a great fit... but just depends on who we could get instead in '15.