Deng Deng 2014 Juco F *committed to Baylor 5.4.14*

The only concern I have with Deng or Atwood this year is purely the fact that the Junior class next year will be huge already.  Parker, Shields, Petteway, Pitchford, and Serj.  A 5 man class is a huge loss in two years and leaves a very unbalanced roster.  I really want one of them, and really think Serj is Audi but still leaves it at 5 if we take one of them.  The one positive is that the next two years' teams could be very special with a ton of talented upper classmen,

Yeah, I'm with 316. I doubt Petteway leaves after this year, but I will be surprised if he's still around for his senior year. He is clearly good enough to make the show and he will be a pre-season All-American next year. He flew under the radar until conference rolled around but the word will be out now. I think we have one more season with Terran and I think there will be another early departure from that class, leaving us with only three spots to fill when they leave, and four if we sign a juco this spring.

Hammond is gonna be a back to the basket, leslie smith minutes type player. Deng is not that. He is a legit 6'8 but he is a wing/forward in the mold of Shields. In the video I watched, he played the bottom middle of the 2-3 zone than brought the ball up the court. Pretty neat stuff.  The player who he reminds me of when I watch his tape is Andrew Wiggins. I am not say he is anywhere near the skill or talent that wiggins is but his lean body, quick jumping ability, and all around offensive game (Not saying his is as polished/defined) as wiggins is. Those are the kind of minutes he is getting, not Hammond type minutes. 

I just think it creates a log jam. I think the 4 we will have, smith pitchford, rivers and Hammonds would suffice unless ur grabbing a guy like Atwood. I may be wrong, but that game tape doesn't impress me.

Smith and Rivers provide little to no offense at the 4 and Pitchford and Hammond are 5's.  You dont have any true scorers off the bench at this time for next year that we can legitimately count on based on proof.  Fuller, Parker, Hawkins, Smith, and Hammond could be the second 5, tell me that doesnt scare you a little when looking at where your slasher and spark on offense is coming from.  Hawk and Fuller are shooters, Benny will give you a lay-up, Smith will give you maybe a couple put backs and we dont know what hammond can bring physically down low.  With Deng you have a then I believe 22 year old that scores, and scores with authority, early and often.  With a guy like Deng it gives you a lot of flexibility with your lineup to play him with multiple personnel groupings but also he can be the second units Terran or Shavon while they get a break.  I mean one thing we have to look at is the schools like KU, UK etc have multiple Deng like players on their bench.  It would be nice to get to that point where every backup could be a starter.