3 teams in the Top 5

Handy Johnson

the Big 10 has Indiana at #1, Michigan and surprisingly Ohio St. ranked in the pre-season Top 5. We on the other hand, have few players who can shoot off the dribble and really no low post game. I'm very excited for the season, but some of our conference games will be UgLy. ( the best thing you can say about Almeida's game is "he's big").

I'll be honest I dont see Michigan staying there. Their big pull last recruiting cycle was Mitch McGary whom is a big reason for the initial rating. The kid was a stud in prep school but theres a reason for it. Technically he was already eligible for the NBA draft because he is 20 years old and one year removed from HS. He of course beat up on players 2-5 years his junior on a regular basis. When he played against the best of the best he tended to become a wallflower. I think they will be good but I think the hype at this point is very overrated.

I'll be honest I dont see Michigan staying there. Their big pull last recruiting cycle was Mitch McGary whom is a big reason for the initial rating. The kid was a stud in prep school but theres a reason for it. Technically he was already eligible for the NBA draft because he is 20 years old and one year removed from HS. He of course beat up on players 2-5 years his junior on a regular basis. When he played against the best of the best he tended to become a wallflower. I think they will be good but I think the hype at this point is very overrated.

I think Michigan is going to be a very good team this year. McGary is not even their top ranked recruit looking at rivals.com, Glen Robinson III is. I think that the Big 10 has 3 teams that in my mind are very legit candidates to win a national title. Burke and Hardaway Jr. give them one of the best back courts in the whole NCAA. This team has and upwards of 4 guys who could go first round next year. If I was picking a Final Four right now Michigan is a team I would seriously consider.

I think Michigan is going to be a very good team this year. McGary is not even their top ranked recruit looking at rivals.com, Glen Robinson III is. I think that the Big 10 has 3 teams that in my mind are very legit candidates to win a national title. Burke and Hardaway Jr. give them one of the best back courts in the whole NCAA. This team has and upwards of 4 guys who could go first round next year. If I was picking a Final Four right now Michigan is a team I would seriously consider.

wow I didnt even check his final ranking until just now. Before the Nike Hoops Summit he was a 5* ranked in the teens. Now hes a 4* at 30. Im guessing his lackluster performances stood out to the evaluators as well so he really fell. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

wow I didnt even check his final ranking until just now. Before the Nike Hoops Summit he was a 5* ranked in the teens. Now hes a 4* at 30. Im guessing his lackluster performances stood out to the evaluators as well so he really fell. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Yeah he was their top ranked guy for a good portion of the summer.

It's nice to see photos of KamdyMan Jr. growing up. :)

So, which comes first? Junior's high school senior picture or Nebraska's first NCAA tourney win? ;)

well my screen name is actually what I call my son, The Kamdy Man since his name is Kamden. Im hoping one day when hes the second coming of Marcus Camby the similar nickname can stick.

As for Nebraska winning a tournament game, they will win one shortly. Then Kamden can come to NU in 2030 and add more wins to the total.

well my screen name is actually what I call my son, The Kamdy Man since his name is Kamden. Im hoping one day when hes the second coming of Marcus Camby the similar nickname can stick.

As for Nebraska winning a tournament game, they will win one shortly. Then Kamden can come to NU in 2030 and add more wins to the total.

I said the same thing when my kid was a toddler. Now he's a freshmen at UNL. Uh Oh. Time's running short....

The B1G is to basketball what the SEC is to football.

Not quite. The SEC has won 6 football NCs in a row and something like 10 in the last 20 years. Meanwhile, the Big Ten has won just one NC in basketball over that same period. The Big Ten is fairly overrated nationally (for some reason) and does a good job of gaming the RPI as a league. Unfortunately that doesn't really amount to much.

Not really sure where the love for Ohio State is coming from. They'll be decent, but not top 5. I'm still not really sold on Indiana either. We'll see I guess.