Biggs punishment

ajb5856

@IanHest: #Huskers PG Deverell Biggs suspended 3 games for a violation of team rules. Biggs pled no contest to DUI from arrest last Dec #Nebrasketball

Last DEC!!!! What the Hell.  He was not even part of the team last december.  How can this be.  Biggs did something wrong that is what the court is for.  DB should not even be punished by the team.  this is not a team matter.  Miles is just trying to be tough and play to the Media.

And to clarify...it is the exhibition game and the first two regular season games.  I am sure there are other "internal" penalties, so I hereby deem this appropriate in my court of law.  We may now turn the page and move on.

http://www.1011now.com/sports/headlines/Biggs-Suspended-3-Games-216200741.html

@IanHest: #Huskers PG Deverell Biggs suspended 3 games for a violation of team rules. Biggs pled no contest to DUI from arrest last Dec #Nebrasketball

Last DEC!!!! What the Hell.  He was not even part of the team last december.  How can this be.  Biggs did something wrong that is what the court is for.  DB should not even be punished by the team.  this is not a team matter.  Miles is just trying to be tough and play to the Media.

What do you mean he wasn't part of the team? Huh?

He was under scholarship given to him for playing basketball at NU.  He is apart of the team, practied with them, and ran the scout team.  He must adhere to the same rules as the rest of the team.  He redshirted so they couldnt suspend him last year and was all but expected for him to miss a few games this year.  Do the crime pay the time.

He was under scholarship given to him for playing basketball at NU.  He is apart of them team, practied with them, and ran the scout team.  He must adhere to the same rules as the rest of the team.  He redshirted so they couldnt suspend him last year and was all but expected for him to miss a few games this year.

ok that changes everythig

Officially from Tim Miles/UNL 

University of Nebraska men’s basketball coach Tim Miles announced Friday that junior guard Deverell Biggs will be suspended three games for a violation of team rules that occurred during the 2012-13 season.

“We are obviously disappointed in Deverell’s actions,” Nebraska Coach Tim Miles said. “It’s inexcusable. I know he has learned from it, and he will proceed accordingly to improve all areas of his life.”

Biggs, who redshirted last season, will miss the Huskers’ exhibition game and the first two games of the regular season, including the Nov. 8 season opener against Florida Gulf Coast.

“I want to apologize to my teammates, coaches and fans for my actions,” Biggs said. “I understand the seriousness and the consequences of my actions, have learned from the situation and worked hard to move forward. I look forward to representing Nebraska in a positive manner on and off the court.”

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Well, I, for one, think this is totally harsh.  The kid sat out every game last season after this occurred in December.  That includes the entire conference slate.  Every single game.  Sat out.  Last year.  When is enough enough?  I ask you.  When is enough enough?  

(Of course, depending on how he plays this year, I might ask that he get punished some more.)

Deverell Biggs could've been me 35 years ago......

Why did he turn that offer down?

He couldn't produce a birth certificate.....

He must have been to busy producing assists.

I think he was helping his brother build a hut.  That's very time consuming.....

Well, I, for one, think this is totally harsh.  The kid sat out every game last season after this occurred in December.  That includes the entire conference slate.  Every single game.  Sat out.  Last year.  When is enough enough?  I ask you.  When is enough enough?  

(Of course, depending on how he plays this year, I might ask that he get punished some more.)

I laughed, Norm.  :D