The Official Media Thread

Nebrasketball: 10 Questions for Corn Nation - Crimson Quarry

http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2014/3/4/5471754/nebrasketball-10-questions-for-corn-nation

5. Speaking of Miles, I'm guessing his name will come up for any potential coaching vacancies in the college ranks this offseason. Of the teams that may be in the market for a new coach (Stanford, Wake Forest, and Boston College come to mind), is there a situation that Miles may leave for, or do you expect him to be coaching at Nebraska for a while?

None of those jobs would scare me. He's a midwestern guy and has been on record more than once that his dream was always to coach in the Big Ten. We'll, he's got that now. I'd be more concerned if the Michigan State or Ohio State or ... Indiana job came open. Any of those vacancies would terrify me. With all the amenities that NU has added to his arsenal, if they pay him like an elite coach, I think he could be here for a long time. A job on the coast doesn't scare me, though, especially not to a bottom feeder that's basically Nebraska circa 2011 with fewer toys to sell recruits with. The administration has given him everything any coach could ask for and more. I hope I don't come to eat those words.

http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2014/3/4/5471754/nebrasketball-10-questions-for-corn-nation

5. Speaking of Miles, I'm guessing his name will come up for any potential coaching vacancies in the college ranks this offseason. Of the teams that may be in the market for a new coach (Stanford, Wake Forest, and Boston College come to mind), is there a situation that Miles may leave for, or do you expect him to be coaching at Nebraska for a while?

None of those jobs would scare me. He's a midwestern guy and has been on record more than once that his dream was always to coach in the Big Ten. We'll, he's got that now. I'd be more concerned if the Michigan State or Ohio State or ... Indiana job came open. Any of those vacancies would terrify me. With all the amenities that NU has added to his arsenal, if they pay him like an elite coach, I think he could be here for a long time. A job on the coast doesn't scare me, though, especially not to a bottom feeder that's basically Nebraska circa 2011 with fewer toys to sell recruits with. The administration has given him everything any coach could ask for and more. I hope I don't come to eat those words.

I'd agree with that assessment.

I'd agree with that assessment.

Also, he called the NU win.

1620 - Unsportsmanlike Conduct:  Mar 6 Seg 4: Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News

http://cdn.stationcaster.com/stations/kozn/media/mp3/Mar_6_Seg_4__Mike_DeCourcy_of_the_Sporting_News-1394141420.mp3

(23:39)

John and Matt are joined by Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News to talk about what Nebrasketball is doing, Creighton's recent struggles, and more from the world of college hoops.

1620 - Unsportsmanlike Conduct:  Mar 6 Seg 5: Shavon Shields of the Nebraska Cornhuskers

http://cdn.stationcaster.com/stations/kozn/media/mp3/Mar_6_Seg_5__Shavon_Shields_of_the_Nebraska_Cornhuskers-1394142673.mp3

(15:51)

John and Matt welcome Shavon Shields to the show to talk about Nebraska's big win over Indiana. Plus, another edition of "Whoa ya rootin' fer?"