The Official Media Thread

http://www.hammerandrails.com/2014/1/13/5304894/big-ten-power-rankings-january-13

11. Nebraska Cornhuskers - RPI: 86 - 8-8, 0-4 - Nebraska has proven to be a tough out so far after nearly beating Michigan and Purdue this week. To reach the NIT they need a 7-7 split the rest of the season, which is tough but could be done. They pulled the miracle schedule of only getting Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan State once, so this is a team all the Bubble teams above are going to have to battle hard. Nebraska may not make the NCAAs, but they will help decide who does.

Just a random question, but I saw some Dirk Chatelain bits on here, but do people like Dirk? My opinion is that he rips on Nebraska a lot and loves Creighton, but he also seems to like the future of Nebraska basketball. I enjoy his Mad Chatter bits, but it is hard to get over the fact of how much he is obsessed with Creighton. So I was just seeing what everyone else thought about him. And maybe this isn't the right thread to post this question on either. But just looking to see everyones opinion

Just by reading mad chatter, he seems more interested in Creighton than Nebraska. He really never has to much to say about Nebraska and has more to say about Creighton.  He also seems to really like Doug, which I understand why, but I think he just isn't quick enough to make it in the NBA like what a lot of Creighton fans think he will. I know he works for OWH and a lot of them are Creighton fans, so I guess he could just be targeting his readers, but he seems more interested in Creighton than Nebraska. He also doesn't have a lot of nice things to say about Nebraska basketball either. He has some good ideas, some that I agree with. However,  he seems to have more negative things to say about Nebraska basketball than positives. This is just my opinion. I haven't listened to any of the radio stuff he has been on, just solely basing my opinion off of his column.   

Ok, but look at what the realities of the programs are. You've got a once in a generation player in McDermott and a team that's been building towards this for about four years. Miles has called it the team of a lifetime and he's not wrong. McDermott has the inside track at the Wooden Award and will be a three time all american. What's he supposed to say? McDermott and the Jays have earned every bit of praise they're getting from Dirk and everyone else. Like it or not, Nebraska's not given anyone much that's been praise worthy. We're working our way to a decade and a half of mistake after mistake after failed coach. Dirk doesn't hate Nebraska. I promise you that. He'll poke the bear, but he doesn't hate Nebraska. He doesn't love Creighton, either. He does love basketball and right now, Creighton provides a really, really great product on the floor, it make sense that he'd speak well of the Jays, they've got a good product and a great, great player.

I see what you mean Uneb. Like I said, I enjoy what he has to say. And as a die hard Nebraska basketball fan, anything I hear about Creighton, I just have to hate. It's in my blood. I agree, Doug will go down as one of the best to play in college, whether I like it or not. I enjoy reading his columns every week and he is a tremendous writer. His ideas about how to make Nebraska great again are fantastic! I also know that you have to write about the big things that are going on in the state and Creighton is that big thing. I'm sure in a few years when Nebraska is on top and Creighton is below us, he will be writing about us and not Creighton. I was just interested in seeing what everyone else has to say about him. But I get what you are saying.

I was just interested in seeing what everyone else has to say about him. 

If you haven't disagreed with something Chatty has said, you haven't read enough.

He's opinionated but also talented and interesting.  If you think his opinion is garbage on any particular day, at the very least it's not poorly written nor boring.  I don't believe he's on any particular sort of beat so he'll write about whatever he feels is relevant.  Creighton is pretty relevant these days.

His twitter stuff, on the other hand, is his opinion minus any sort of thought.  He's typically firing in all directions there,  many of them wrong.