The Official Media Thread

Tons of info in an OWH/LJS update today:

• Keisei's decision should be known by early next week
  • Gary's shoulder was going to need surgery, even if he had finished the season
  • Hoiberg said the shoulder injury Gary had when he arrived at NU affected his shooting significantly
  • NU may still add another player, but it's being choosy - any roster additions focus on team culture
  • Gary and Allick hoping to be healthy for the Spain trip, which starts July 28
  • Hoiberg expects Allick to improve his 3-pt percentage significantly

And more...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, 49r said:

we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/957/410/2117/

In the early 80s, Omaha Plantation College had a guy play over 100 games.  During those four years, he accumulated 96 credits (with a D grade average) in courses such as "Marksmanship" and "Theory of Basketball" many of which did not qualify for any degree program.

After exhausting his athletic eligibility at this superior academic institution, he had the language skills of an average fourth-grader.

Edited by MitchMcGaryMunchies

I recently had a project that gave me an opportunity to listen to a bunch of podcasts so I ran through the entire Ramel Lloyd Sr/Jr "Lloyds in Lincoln" series. It's on spotify for anyone else who's interested.

I'd say my biggest takeaway is that Ramel Jr grew up playing PG and focusing on having a well rounded game.

9 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

I recently had a project that gave me an opportunity to listen to a bunch of podcasts so I ran through the entire Ramel Lloyd Sr/Jr "Lloyds in Lincoln" series. It's on spotify for anyone else who's interested.

I'd say my biggest takeaway is that Ramel Jr grew up playing PG and focusing on having a well rounded game.

Yeah; but apparently those with inside knowledge is concerned with his shooting or something.  

I have watched him in some drills and believe in his game (and his shot), but that and a quarter still won't buy ya much these days

14 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah; but apparently those with inside knowledge is concerned with his shooting or something.  

I have watched him in some drills and believe in his game (and his shot), but that and a quarter still won't buy ya much these days

I'd surmise that defense/lack of experience playing at this level is likely what Jr will need to overcome.  If this Spain trip is any indication of how this season is going to go, I'm way more worried about running out of guys then the potential of guys to be unhappy with not enough playing time.

10 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

I'd surmise that defense/lack of experience playing at this level is likely what Jr will need to overcome.  If this Spain trip is any indication of how this season is going to go, I'm way more worried about running out of guys then the potential of guys to be unhappy with not enough playing time.

Maybe. It will be interesting to see who gets more rotation minutes between Cale and Ramel.  In many ways they are similar players.  Both are versatile guards who can play on or off the ball.  Ramel is a bit taller (6'6" vs. 6'4"), but Cale is stronger.  Doubt there is room for both of them in the rotation.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks @Huskerpapa

Good Article:   (btw, agree on Amie Just's reporting; she does a great job)

(I lIke Abby Barmore too)

image.png

and gives an update on Ahron Ulis

“He’s been an absolute joy to be around and really fun to coach,” Hoiberg said. “We’re still gathering information. I mean, I think that’s a big part of it. This thing is not over as far as what the penalty will end up being or what the final outcome is going to be, so we’re going to continue to support him.

“He’s been a great resource for some of our younger players. He’s been in the league. He’s been a starter in this league and he’s been really good for our younger guys. So we’re going to continue to support him throughout this process.”

Edited by Red Don

5 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Without even looking at it I bet he hated Val's pizza. I love Valentino's, but that's not his style of pizza at all. Not even remotely.

The only time I get vals now is when I go to Lincoln for basketball game the Valentino's in Hastings closed.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Edited by Bugeaters1