The Official Media Thread

4 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I know someone who used to work for IMG and they were surprised we were going the independent route.

Pros: we learned best practices when IMG was in control, can take it over, save a lot in the budget (IMG would negotiate an advertising value and pocket the rest), and can have more control over the product.

Cons: you have to have the relationships and negotiating prowess to be successful independently, you need to build the right staff, and it takes a lot of work and focus.

It seems Moos cut ties seeing the pros, the administration tried it out and revaluated with the mindset that the returns aren't worth the internal effort.

I like the fact that when IMG had it the rights, they put the audio over on sound cloud. And you could build a play list of games etc. to listen to.

30 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I know someone who used to work for IMG and they were surprised we were going the independent route.

Pros: we learned best practices when IMG was in control, can take it over, save a lot in the budget (IMG would negotiate an advertising value and pocket the rest), and can have more control over the product.

Cons: you have to have the relationships and negotiating prowess to be successful independently, you need to build the right staff, and it takes a lot of work and focus.

It seems Moos cut ties seeing the pros, the administration tried it out and revaluated with the mindset that the returns aren't worth the internal effort.

This is Bill Moos we're talking about. He probably kicked backed some of the contracts for this stuff.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

This seems like a really REALLY bad idea and a pretty certain way to ensure we won't get as much money out of the next media deal as we otherwise could.

Plus, I hate Fox Sports, the quality of their broadcasts has plummeted over the last few years and it seems like we're almost guaranteed now to see all of our media rights fall to Fox, FS1 and BTN.

This news put a big damper on my weekend...

Just read a tweet from Parker Gabriel indicating he was leaving the Lincoln Journal Star.  

He did a good job and will be missed. 

No additional details were provided other than to see future opportunities would be disclosed later. 

Good luck moving forward Parker!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...