The Official Media Thread

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

93.7 the Ticket announced some lineup changes today that should increase NU basketball coverage

DP is moving to 3-6 pm, and the first hour is dedicated to discussions with current NU players from all sports and NU assistant coaches from multiple sports plus a few head coaches of Olympic sports. Jay Foreman will be on with him from 4-6 pm.

From 6-8 pm Monday thru Wednesday, sounds like they're allowing assistant coaches, past players, & team personnel to host shows. Schedule still sounds a little fluid, but Buzzy & Strickland will have the Tuesday night slot much of the time. Wednesday will be Coach A at least some of the time. DP specifically mentioned Badgett as going to have a role in those evening time slots occasionally too.

I'm sure it'll change quite a bit during the season, but it should be pretty cool.  They're also going local from 6 am to 6 pm every weekday with the extra shows a few times a week until 8 pm.

I haven't really listened to the revamped Sports Nightly, but I think they switched up to a 6-8 pm show, so 93.7 will be going head to head with Sports Nightly on some nights with NU assistant coaches on the air. Kind of interesting.

Edited by throwback

Buzzy had his first show tonight on 93.7 - podcast should be at https://theticketfm.com/category/ticket-weeknights/ soon. He's been working with Shavon Shields this summer in KC, helping him get ready for his upcoming professional season in Italy. Said he wouldn't be surprised to see Shavon get an opportunity with a team in the US in the near future if he continues on his current trajectory with is improved shooting.

Just make sure you adjust the bass setting on your favorite listening device so his voice doesn't blow out the speaker. James Earl Jones is jealous of Buzzy's voice.

• 2 weeks later...

Some pretty good stuff last night with Buzzy Caruthers on 93.7.  He spends the second hour here with Kobe Webster, pretty entertaining stuff:

Then after Buzzy, Terrance Badgett comes on for two hours (I haven't listened to this one yet but it sounds like they bring on some old school Husker Hoopers:

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Terrance Badgett is a BIG DUDE now. Saw him at a charity golf thing a few years back and he looks more like a former Husker defensive tackle than a former Husker basketball player. BIG dude. BIG. Very big. Not body shaming him. He's just a very large individual. I'm jealous, to be honest.

He was thicc in college too.  He is just a BIG DUDE and kind of always has been.