The Official Media Thread

52 minutes ago, thattimeofyearchanges said:

Am I wrong for remembering force feeding jordy at the start of last yr

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/tim-miles-doesn-t-want-huskers-to-be-firing-/article_dcca1000-0591-555e-94e9-05064b8159e6.html

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

It was a bit more prominent his freshman year than his sophomore year.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

K State.

LOL is that what he wrote?

Weak.  K-State's first 10 games (according to KenPom) was against a complete garbage schedule.  The highest ranked opponent they had in that stretch was 49th ranked Arizona state (loss) and their highest ranked win was at #91 Vanderbilt.  They also lost to #110 Tulsa.

Kansas State 2018 Schedulehelp.gif

Game Plan | Opponent Tracker

Date Rk Opponent Result     Location Record Conf  
Fri Nov 10 39 328 American W, 83-45 67   Home 1-0    
Tue Nov 14 35 276 UMKC W, 72-51 71   Home 2-0    
Fri Nov 17 34 147 UC Irvine W, 71-49 67   Home 3-0    
Mon Nov 20 33 327 Northern Arizona W, 80-58 74   Home 4-0    
Thu Nov 23 35 49 Arizona St. L, 92-90 68   Neutral 4-1   a.gif
Fri Nov 24 37 192 George Washington W, 67-59 56   Neutral 5-1    
Wed Nov 29 37 236 Oral Roberts W, 77-68 65   Home 6-1    
Sun Dec 3 43 91 Vanderbilt W, 84-79 64   Away 7-1   b.gif
Tue Dec 5 38 338 USC Upstate W, 86-49 67   Home 8-1    
Sat Dec 9 33 110 Tulsa L, 61-54 66   Neutral 8-2  

Compare that to our first 10:

Nebraska 2019 Schedulehelp.gif

Game Plan | Opponent Tracker

Date Rk Opponent Result     Location Record Conf  
Tue Nov 6 38 350 Mississippi Valley St. W, 106-37 78   Home 1-0    
Sun Nov 11 35 291 Southeastern Louisiana W, 87-35 74   Home 2-0    
Wed Nov 14 33 58 Seton Hall W, 80-57 70   Home 3-0    
Mon Nov 19 29 210 Missouri St. W, 85-62 70   Neutral 4-0    
Tue Nov 20 23 12 Texas Tech L, 70-52 66   Neutral 4-1   a.gif
Sat Nov 24 32 239 Western Illinois W, 73-49 70   Home 5-1    
Mon Nov 26 31 41 Clemson W, 68-66 60   Away 6-1   a.gif
Sun Dec 2 21 103 Illinois W, 75-60 67   Home 7-1 1-0  
Wed Dec 5 22 56 Minnesota L, 85-78 68   Away 7-2 1-1 a.gif
Sat Dec 8 24 40 Creighton W, 94-75 68   Home 8-2   b.gif

2 hours ago, 49r said:

I liked at the end they showed the three ex-Huskers standing together getting a photo taken and the announcers (who were speaking Dutch, I believe) were saying "Nebraska" and "University of Nebraska Cornhuskers" over and over.  ?

I can only hope my boy van Poelgeest was there cheering on his fellow alumni!

3 hours ago, 49r said:

I liked at the end they showed the three ex-Huskers standing together getting a photo taken and the announcers (who were speaking Dutch, I believe) were saying "Nebraska" and "University of Nebraska Cornhuskers" over and over.  ?

Ah yes I can finally be of some use to the board.  I am not fluent (don't need to be because every Dutchman speaks perfect English anyway), but the announcers basically said, "The boys from Nebraska taking a (nice) photo.  They all are taking the photo together, from the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers.  Dourisseau, Petteway, and Jeter all from the same state, from the same region.  Usually, they return home in the summer with some money"  Then they go back to game wrapup saying Jeter had a nice 22 points in the defeat.

Interesting game to watch tonight on the Youtube replay, given the lack of compelling college games tonight

34 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Did you see that flop against Jeter and the technical shots he got for it? Sounds like an international rule we need to adopt.

This ?

In a semi-related note, did you see the end of the Villanova-Penn game on Tuesday where the 'Nova kid kept trying to draw a foul on his 3 point shots by kicking his legs out wildly to catch any kind of contact with the defender then flopping to the ground as if he'd been shot?  The refs refused to call the foul (which is the correct call there) and the kid was just apoplectic that they wouldn't.  I was pleased by that.

Edited by 49r

15 hours ago, Mr. Red said:

Ah yes I can finally be of some use to the board.  I am not fluent (don't need to be because every Dutchman speaks perfect English anyway), but the announcers basically said, "The boys from Nebraska taking a (nice) photo.  They all are taking the photo together, from the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers.  Dourisseau, Petteway, and Jeter all from the same state, from the same region.  Usually, they return home in the summer with some money"  Then they go back to game wrapup saying Jeter had a nice 22 points in the defeat.

Interesting game to watch tonight on the Youtube replay, given the lack of compelling college games tonight

Here's the nice photo:

37 minutes ago, 49r said:

This ?

In a semi-related note, did you see the end of the Villanova-Penn game on Tuesday where the 'Nova kid kept trying to draw a foul on his 3 point shots by kicking his legs out wildly to catch any kind of contact with the defender then flopping to the ground as if he'd been shot?  The refs refused to call the foul (which is the correct call there) and the kid was just apoplectic that they wouldn't.  I was pleased by that.

This was ridiculous!  He did it probably 3 times in 30 seconds.  The time he made one and wanted the foul he went nuts!