1 hour ago, thattimeofyearchanges said:

http://www.theticketfm.com/category/happer-stephens/

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Last third of this segment:

http://www.theticketfm.com/podpress_trac/web/57159/0/2018_10_04_12p_Gabriel.mp3

And first half of this segment:

http://www.theticketfm.com/podpress_trac/web/57160/0/2018_10_04_1p_Washut.mp3

35 minutes ago, 49r said:

Robin mentions a very interesting story line for this season that many of us dont want to think/talk about.

Nebrasketball has a break through year, lets say Sweet 16. Copeland, Palmer, and Watson graduate. Roby heads off to the NBA. Does Miles stick around to a team that will most likely be rebuilding and a school that has given him very little administrative support during his time here?

Surely with such a short contract (and small buyout???) Miles will have plenty of suitors if he has a break through season.

I mean...maybe get to the Sweet 16 and then worry about all the things when the time comes?

(Plus we've got a killer HC candidate on the bench who's gonna get his shot sooner rather than later and has a huge hand in recruiting and a positive relationship with local coaches...)

Edited by uneblinstu

Robin mentions a very interesting story line for this season that many of us dont want to think/talk about.

Nebrasketball has a break through year, lets say Sweet 16. Copeland, Palmer, and Watson graduate. Roby heads off to the NBA. Does Miles stick around to a team that will most likely be rebuilding and a school that has given him very little administrative support during his time here?

Surely with such a short contract (and small buyout???) Miles will have plenty of suitors if he has a break through season.
Yep, it would certainly be something to think about. But it's still a better option to have than having to let him go because he underperformed and starting over from scratch.

I'd much rather be replacing a coach that left for greener pastures than one that was let go.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I mean...maybe get to the Sweet 16 and then worry about all the things when the time comes?

(Plus we've got a killer HC candidate on the bench who's gonna get his shot sooner rather than later and has a huge hand in recruiting and a positive relationship with local coaches...)

This has been a topic of discussion on this site.  But I agree, let's cross that bridge AFTER we have set the basketball world on its ear.

22 hours ago, khoock said:

Several of us have been saying that for awhile now.

14 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Several of us have been saying that for awhile now.

I remember it being a topic of discussion at the end of last season when Miles only got a one year extension. Its just an interesting storyline that I had forgotten about amongst all of the excitement surrounding the upcoming season.

https://www.starherald.com/sports/big_red_wrap/mens_basketball/we-re-still-building-that-culture-ex-navy-seal-helps/article_7e999771-0e29-525f-9615-9b8e7fd9626c.html

Hot washes!  Great article from Chris Heady.  Talks about leadership and how the team has to grow.  The talent is there, now they need a purpose so to speak.  Worth spending five minutes reading.