The Official Media Thread

1 hour ago, HuskerCager said:

I think your thoughts are spot-on, Norm.  This news deserves it's own thread, by the way.  We're talking about a writer who covered this program for 30 years, right?

My admiration for Lee grew each year.  I'm going to miss him greatly, and I get more and more concerned each day about the state of journalism in general.  We need newspapers like the OWH and LJS, but not sure they are going to survive the sinking business model.

Can't upvote this enough - I understand why he angered some NU fans as he always went out of his way to not be a homer, but we need guys like that in the media. He broke a ton of stories and exposed a lot of crazy, idiotic things that have been happening in NU athletics over the past couple of decades. 

Sadly, I think those days of savvy journalism are over -- not just in sports but in many parts of society -- and it's not for the better. 

Edited by throwback

Outstanding feature article on Adrian Martinez this morning in the  OWH, authored by Chris Heady.    For those willing to pay to read stuff, I recommend it.   If this article is indicative of anything, the new Husker Hoops writer for the OWH has plenty of game.  

On 8/27/2018 at 9:09 PM, HB said:

Chris is a great guy.  Knows hoops but not Nebraska hoops.  Longtime KU fan.   He will dive in and learn it.   Has some buddies who will hopefully be in his ear.  ?

He did cover the team when he was at Land of 10. We were actually sitting together on press row watching on his laptop as Kansas beat Texas in football a couple years ago. Good times. 

Edited by Jacob Padilla

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, OmahaHusker said:

I may be overthinking things, but I take this as another hint that Roby is leaving after this year. 

My take is the four leaders are going to Chicago; while, recognizing  Roby may leave if his draft stock is high enough.

This is where the new rules for the draft come into play. Roby can come back, if he doesn't like where he falls.

16 hours ago, OmahaHusker said:

I may be overthinking things, but I take this as another hint that Roby is leaving after this year. 

Nah, I don't think that from this news. In terms of who to take to media day, the gap between #3 and #4 is small. The gap between #4 and #5 is huge. Just take all four so as to not leave someone out that is arguably deserving.