Creighton preseason #15? Ha!

BjoeHusker

I don't get what is so funny about this. They have one of the best players in college basketball playing in the Valley. They have a good coach and only lost one player that mattered off a roster that realistically could have gone farther if they didn't get an 8 seed in the tourney. Will see how they do in non con especially in Vegas and if they hold up in the Valley.

Are you sure you want to start a thread on that team? We once again have access to the exalt/demote button thingamabobs. I'll lay off hitting demote until you have the chance to issue an apology. The clock is ticking...... ;)

Apologzie for what? It's just my opinion. Yes they are a good team with arguably one of the best players in the country returning, but I just think 15 is too high.

I think losing Young will hurt more than people think. Also, the Jays won about 5-6 games (to their credit) in the final minute last year. If you are a clear cut, top 25 Valley team, you should dominate that league.

And Tony, do you remember a few years back (I believe Sadlers 1st year at NU) the Jays were ranked in the pre-season top 20 and really didn't have a great year. Pre-season rankings mean nothing. Look at Arkansas football this year for example. Top 10 pre-season, god awful now.

The Jays should be solid this year, but I'm with the original poster....way too high in my opinion. Say they lose a few of those comeback wins (about 3 were at home too) and they are a 10-11 seed in the NCAA. And hell, if they had lost a few of those and not beat Illinois State in the MVC finals (Jays were VERY lucky WSU lost as WSU a few weeks before spanked the Jays at home) and the Jays may have been on the outside looking in. Unless they drastically improve on defense, I think their fans will be in for a disappointment this year.

Well they got an 8th seed and did nothing with it.

You're kidding, right? They did exactly what an 8 seed is supposed to do. Won the 8-9 game, and played well but lost to the 1 seed in a tough game. Doing nothing with it would have been losing the first game. I'm no Creighton fan, but that "nothing" of reaching the round of 32 was more than we have ever done.

Duke,UNC,NC State,Maryland,Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Louisville, Kentucky, Syracuse, Florida, Florida State, Baylor, and there are many more.

Maryland? I think you are right that there are at least 15 teams better but I'm pretty sure Creighton would beat Maryland.

Maryland would beat Creighton by 20. Maryland would not lose a game in they played in the Valley.

Not quite sure why this thread is here, and as a Creighton grad/fan I sort of wanted to ignore it, as I do not want to be viewed as a message board troll... but your comment is ridiculous. Based on your name, I'm assuming you like or at least follow Maryland. I have no ill feelings towards the Terps. I actually kind of like them, and think Turgeon has them headed in the right direction. Maybe next year or the year after they'd finish something like 15-3 or 16-2 in the MVC. But, the notion that Maryland is 20 points better than Creighton right now is bizarre. I expect the Terps, like Creighton, to be a bit, but not drastically, improved this year. With that in mind, remember that last season they lost to Alabama (mentioned earlier in this thread in context of their close loss to Creighton) by 20, Iona by 26, and Illinois at home by 9 out of conference, and then lost 10 or 11 conference games in a down year for the ACC. There simply is no basketball evidence that supports your claim.

FWIW, I think 15 might be a tad high, but I'll be surprised if they're not at least somewhere between 20 and 25 at the end of the year.

Not quite sure why this thread is here, and as a Creighton grad/fan I sort of wanted to ignore it, as I do not want to be viewed as a message board troll... but your comment is ridiculous. Based on your name, I'm assuming you like or at least follow Maryland. I have no ill feelings towards the Terps. I actually kind of like them, and think Turgeon has them headed in the right direction. Maybe next year or the year after they'd finish something like 15-3 or 16-2 in the MVC. But, the notion that Maryland is 20 points better than Creighton right now is bizarre. I expect the Terps, like Creighton, to be a bit, but not drastically, improved this year. With that in mind, remember that last season they lost to Alabama (mentioned earlier in this thread in context of their close loss to Creighton) by 20, Iona by 26, and Illinois at home by 9 out of conference, and then lost 10 or 11 conference games in a down year for the ACC. There simply is no basketball evidence that supports your claim.

FWIW, I think 15 might be a tad high, but I'll be surprised if they're not at least somewhere between 20 and 25 at the end of the year.

I just figured he was the guy in the Nebraska shirt working at the Department of Motor Vehicles!