2014 PFIsaac Copeland ->GTown -> Nebraska

9 hours ago, ShortDust said:

If he makes it on campus I line our chances. Feel Ku is biggest competition. Just have to wait and see here rather soon.

I think they had a schollie open already but if they didn't they just had a kid transfer out yesterday.
Also Devonte' Graham is part of that Raleigh group so there goes our high school friend advantage. 

In my opinion it's going to come down to what's more important to him. Playing for a blue-blood program where it might be harder to earn minutes but easier to win a National Championship, or playing for a possible up and coming program where more playing time might be available. I like our chances here and really hope we can get him.

46 minutes ago, ShortDust said:

?? he locked in the visit, but since its ($) I guess we gotta wait til it squeaks out public. Unless dimes allows us to post a lil bit of what is stated

As long as you don't cut and paste stuff verbatim in here you're cool.

21 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Let's pack the Vault on Thursday against the Hawkeyes!

John-Cusack-Wink.gif

Well it is a Wolfpack rag, and it does say they're one of nine schools he's considering (although they list only three others).   Interestingly, they write he would have to sit out 2017/18 if he transfers, even if granted a medical redshirt.  I thought someone mentioned here he would be eligible to play next season if granted a medical (does anybody know for sure?).

Visits TODAY - Another Reason to PACK 'THE VAULT' Tonight!

(We've got to let him find at least ONE WARM place in Lincoln tonight! :Redface:

Georgetown transfer Copeland to visit NU, decision soon to follow
“I was going to check them out regardless, but me and Coach Hunter have a great relationship,” Copeland said. “We always have since I was in high school, so as soon as he heard I was transferring he was the first to call.”

“My friend Anton Gill plays there,” Copeland said. “Before his injury he was having some success and was coming along. He just told me he liked (Nebraska), and once he heard I was transferring he obviously said we should become teammates again.

“We grew up together, so we know each really well and have a great relationship. (Playing together in college) has always been an idea.”

However, injuries diminished Copeland’s production noticeably this season. He had been averaging 5.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 19.6 minutes to start the year, but a herniated disc in his back forced him to cut his season short.

The interesting aspect which remains to be seen is if Copeland is awarded a medical hardship waiver for this season, which would give him two years of eligibility at his next school.

He has already applied for the waiver and feels good about his chances of getting one since he played in less than 10 games this season.

As of right now he would be eligible to play starting January 2018.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/georgetown-transfer-copeland-to-visit-nu-decision-soon-to-follow