Dominic Woodson-2013 Center

Nathan Hawkins dad actually put this up on twitter. He was a top 100 center. Don't know if we would have any interest at this point but he decommited from Baylor. 6'10". What are the rules here? Is he allowed to go and sign with anyone he wants?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22274168/top100-senior-dominic-woodson-decommits-from-baylor

And he's huge. Rivals profile lists him as 6-9 315lbs. 4 star. Could probably tune him up a bit.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/basketball/recruiting/player-Dominic-Woodson-121961;_ylt=ArzV1zA1fLGOuLHYM4AER5BWs5B4

Nathan Hawkins dad actually put this up on twitter. He was a top 100 center. Don't know if we would have any interest at this point but he decommited from Baylor. 6'10". What are the rules here? Is he allowed to go and sign with anyone he wants?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22274168/top100-senior-dominic-woodson-decommits-from-baylor

And he's huge. Rivals profile lists him as 6-9 315lbs. 4 star. Could probably tune him up a bit.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/basketball/recruiting/player-Dominic-Woodson-121961;_ylt=ArzV1zA1fLGOuLHYM4AER5BWs5B4

Won't happen, but he is exactly what Nebraska needs.  Would be awesome

And this:

@ReggieRankin: @RecruitingESPN Just spoke with Kevin Robinson mentor for Dominic Woodson and is handling recruiting. Official list Memphis, Cincinnati....

@ReggieRankin: @RecruitingESPN Rhode Island, South Carolina and Gonzaga. Marshall not being considered. Will set visits in the next couple days.

And this:

@ReggieRankin: @RecruitingESPN Just spoke with Kevin Robinson mentor for Dominic Woodson and is handling recruiting. Official list Memphis, Cincinnati....

@ReggieRankin: @RecruitingESPN Rhode Island, South Carolina and Gonzaga. Marshall not being considered. Will set visits in the next couple days.

A lot of big names giving him a call. Very late in the game and a lot of schools are just doing their due-diligence. It will be interesting to hear where he sets up visits to. I know he had his list going down to his Baylor decision, so certainly those schools are prime candidates, but its still hard not to listen when some of those big names are calling.

And this:

He's got a mentor!!!

He would fill a big need for Nebraska and would likely start from day 1. Like I said before, I would love for him to come to Nebraska, but 4-Star, Rivals100, players don't just fall into Nebraska's lap at the last minute.

When can we have some of these types start falling into our lap at the last minute? I mean if we were the kind of school where this was possible...we would all just be sitting here on a Tuesday afternoon when a 4 star rivals #80 player of a position of our greatest need suddenly became available...and then the pieces would just fall into place...oh really? Dominic Woodson is Terran Petteway's cousin? And that would be that. Some day it's gonna happen.

He actually doesn't look to be in bad shape.  This video talks about him and you can see a few clips of him around the 1:13 mark:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-basketball/Recap-Day-2-of-NBPA-Top-100-Camp-1105234

He actually doesn't look to be in bad shape. This video talks about him and you can see a few clips of him around the 1:13 mark:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-basketball/Recap-Day-2-of-NBPA-Top-100-Camp-1105234

Yeah I've watched some video now and he's just big. Still pretty athletic. That initial judgement was after only seeing his rivals profile picture. It's just shoulders up and he's got one of those squishy faces going on.

Just one time. One time the basketball gods could let something like this happen. He's huge. He's a center. He's skilled. He can pass. He can shoot. Loved his video. Handles the ball, creative passer. Can shoot from the outside and has big body post moves as well. Here's the YouTube version of the video in case youre on iPhone like me and it won't allow the rivals vid.

He would fill a big need for Nebraska and would likely start from day 1.  Like I said before, I would love for him to come to Nebraska, but 4-Star, Rivals100, players don't just fall into Nebraska's lap at the last minute.

And I don't mean that I don't think Nebraska will ever get this type of player.  I actually think Nebraska has a shot at a couple of them as soon as next season.  I just don't know if Nebraska is quite at the point yet that they will get these flips at the last second.  I think for Nebraska to land guys like this, it will take hard work recruiting by Miles and the rest of the coaching staff to build relationships with recruits over 2-3 years.  And I think they have done a good job with that for the 2014 and 2015 class. 

Although, I will say that I think that Nebraska has much more to offer than Memphis and Marshall at this point in time, especially considering the fact that I think he could start for Nebraska from day 1.  Another thing that I think could work in Nebraska's favor is if it is an issue of Baylor limiting the schools that he could go to.  I would be shocked if Baylor was threatened enough by Nebraska that they wouldn't allow him to come here if he wanted to.  (I can't imagine that they study Nebraska basketball enough to know about all of the talented guys that Nebraska will have available next season)  In addition to the fact that Nebraska and Baylor are no longer in the same conference, so that shouldn't be an issue stopping him from considering Nebraska either.  So I will keep my fingers crossed.  The law of averages says that something like this has to happen for Nebraska sooner or later...I think.

He would fill a big need for Nebraska and would likely start from day 1. Like I said before, I would love for him to come to Nebraska, but 4-Star, Rivals100, players don't just fall into Nebraska's lap at the last minute.

And I don't mean that I don't think Nebraska will ever get this type of player. I actually think Nebraska has a shot at a couple of them as soon as next season. I just don't know if Nebraska is quite at the point yet that they will get these flips at the last second. I think for Nebraska to land guys like this, it will take hard work recruiting by Miles and the rest of the coaching staff to build relationships with recruits over 2-3 years. And I think they have done a good job with that for the 2014 and 2015 class.

Although, I will say that I think that Nebraska has much more to offer than Memphis and Marshall at this point in time, especially considering the fact that I think he could start for Nebraska from day 1. Another thing that I think could work in Nebraska's favor is if it is an issue of Baylor limiting the schools that he could go to. I would be shocked if Baylor was threatened enough by Nebraska that they wouldn't allow him to come here if he wanted to. (I can't imagine that they study Nebraska basketball enough to know about all of the talented guys that Nebraska will have available next season) In addition to the fact that Nebraska and Baylor are no longer in the same conference, so that shouldn't be an issue stopping him from considering Nebraska either. So I will keep my fingers crossed. The law of averages says that something like this has to happen for Nebraska sooner or later...I think.

Does a school restrict the schools a player coming out of a LOI can land at? Or do they restrict schools just for transfers who have already played within their program? I guess I haven't paid attention to see if any decommitments from LOIs have been restricted.

Please basketball gods, just one time.

“From what I’ve heard, (Tigers coach Josh) Pastner is a good guy,” Woodson said. “I’ve heard it looks like they need another big, and I can play an important role and have a chance to earn some minutes. I just like what I’ve heard.”

Woodson, a four-star prospect according to Rivals.com, said he is considering Memphis, Marshall, Rhode Island, Nebraska, Gonzaga, and more. He said he’d like to visit Memphis and decide shortly after. He averaged 5.8 points and 6.1 rebounds last season on a loaded Huntington Prep squad that included No. 1 ranked recruit Andrew Wiggins.

Please basketball gods, just one time.

“From what I’ve heard, (Tigers coach Josh) Pastner is a good guy,” Woodson said. “I’ve heard it looks like they need another big, and I can play an important role and have a chance to earn some minutes. I just like what I’ve heard.”

Woodson, a four-star prospect according to Rivals.com, said he is considering Memphis, Marshall, Rhode Island, Nebraska, Gonzaga, and more. He said he’d like to visit Memphis and decide shortly after. He averaged 5.8 points and 6.1 rebounds last season on a loaded Huntington Prep squad that included No. 1 ranked recruit Andrew Wiggins.

Isn't he talking about Memphis here?