Nick Bahe of 'The Drive' on 93.7 The Ticket

Said he talks to Jake Muhleisen frequently.  He said they were talking about Nebraska basketball and about adding FGCU to the schedule.  He said Muhleisen is usually pretty critical of players and doesn't just pump sunshine and throw out empty feel-good compliments about players.  Bahe said that during their conversation, Muhleisen said "Biggs, Petteway, and Pitchford are the real deal and are going to do some exciting things starting next season."

I haven't personally heard a lot about Biggs, but I have heard nothing but great things about Petteway and Pitchford from people that have seen them in practice.  People always seem to talk about their skill/athleticism.  Next season could be really exciting. 

Nothing groundbreaking, take it for what it's worth.

Hopefully we break .500 and get into the post season.

Than 2014 we can really take off (NIT or bust) because we only lose Ray.

You kidding??  NIT or bust in year 3...  I was thinking more along the lines of NIT this year, and NCAA's in 2014 when we only lose Ray.

Hopefully we break .500 and get into the post season.

Than 2014 we can really take off (NIT or bust) because we only lose Ray.

You kidding??  NIT or bust in year 3...  I was thinking more along the lines of NIT this year, and NCAA's in 2014 when we only lose Ray.

Serious as a heart attack.  The NIT is no joke anymore.  They don't just take big time conference teams; they take quality RPI teams now.  Plus depending on the seed we get making the NIT could have us firmly on the bubble.  Gotta learn to walk before you run.

Said he talks to Jake Muhleisen frequently.  He said they were talking about Nebraska basketball and about adding FGCU to the schedule.  He said Muhleisen is usually pretty critical of players and doesn't just pump sunshine and throw out empty feel-good compliments about players.  Bahe said that during their conversation, Muhleisen said "Biggs, Petteway, and Pitchford are the real deal and are going to do some exciting things starting next season."

I haven't personally heard a lot about Biggs, but I have heard nothing but great things about Petteway and Pitchford from people that have seen them in practice.  People always seem to talk about their skill/athleticism.  Next season could be really exciting. 

You mean they took a break from NBA and Creighton talk to mention Nebraska basketball.  That's groundbreaking.

This year I hope/expect NIT or fringe NCAA. The year after...I expect NCAA with at least one win at the dance. I do not want to lower my expectations, nor do I think I should at this time.

Uhh, whoa.

Sorry, nope.  I am a lifer and my expectations rarely are low, but I do not freak out if my expectations are not met.  I look for the meaning of what happened and then what it will take to fix the issues, but my expectations remain high.  I would think that if you asked the administration at UNL and or Coach Miles himself, he would have equally high, if not higher expectations. 

This year I hope/expect NIT or fringe NCAA. The year after...I expect NCAA with at least one win at the dance. I do not want to lower my expectations, nor do I think I should at this time.

Uhh, whoa.

Sorry, nope. I am a lifer and my expectations rarely are low, but I do not freak out if my expectations are not met. I look for the meaning of what happened and then what it will take to fix the issues, but my expectations remain high. I would think that if you asked the administration at UNL and or Coach Miles himself, he would have equally high, if not higher expectations.
Knowing Tim, I'm guessing his are higher!

Just to pull this conversation back to the OP. I want to add something about character. I know Petteway has been working his butt off everyday already this summer. His parents wanted him to come home for a few weeks, and the coaches even said he should take a break. Guess what...... he won't go home so he can stay here and not get lazy on mom's cooking. He is also constantly on the other guys about workouts. The coaches love his attitude. He has great parents who would expect nothing less from him. Good kid. Glad we have him on our team.

Just to pull this conversation back to the OP. I want to add something about character. I know Petteway has been working his butt off everyday already this summer. His parents wanted him to come home for a few weeks, and the coaches even said he should take a break. Guess what...... he won't go home so he can stay here and not get lazy on mom's cooking. He is also constantly on the other guys about workouts. The coaches love his attitude. He has great parents who would expect nothing less from him. Good kid. Glad we have him on our team.

Great to hear. This team needs his leadership after the void left by the graduating seniors. Ray is a quiet introverted kid who's not a natural leader. Petteway's leadership will be very important to this team IMO.

Uhh, whoa.

Sorry, nope.  I am a lifer and my expectations rarely are low, but I do not freak out if my expectations are not met.  I look for the meaning of what happened and then what it will take to fix the issues, but my expectations remain high.  I would think that if you asked the administration at UNL and or Coach Miles himself, he would have equally high, if not higher expectations. 

Gotcha.  Just a simple difference in how we define the word "expectations" regarding a process we have little to no impact on.  To me, my expectations are what I actually expect to happen, it sounds like you are saying your "expectations" are the standards you are going to hold the program to, but if they don't reach them, you won't react negatively.

I am sure Tim has goals that are equal and even higher than what you stated as his expectations, and I'm sure he is working hard to reach those goals.  But he is an experienced program builder, I believe he knows the reality of what he stepped into here.  I highly doubt it is his expectation to make the NCAA tournament this year or win an NCAA tourney game in year 3.  He might not say that publicly, but last year he was pretty open with his low expectations for the team.  He knows it will be a process to build this program.  He has done it multiple times and he knows it doesn't happen overnight.