Good read on Gallegos in the Salt Lake Tribune

http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/56287580-219/gallegos-season-game-state.html.csp

I know there has been a lot of talk about how much Gallegos may or may not contribute next season.  Thought this read on what Coach Miles called "the heart of our team" could add some insight on that topic.  Enjoy!

I don't think there's any question that he will contribute.  I think the debate has been whether he will start or not.

Count me as a strong supporter of Ray.  I think he will be a critical component to our success next year!

Ray will be NU's sole senior leader, and I think he'll become much more efficient offensively with more weapons around him.  I don't believe Gallegos will average nearly NINE three-point attempts per game like he did this past season, that's for sure.

After reading that article how can you not pull for Reyes! I with the group that believes Reyes' best is yet to come next year. Bring in a few more scorers, take a little pressure off him and a much more efficient shooter will appear. Will also help immeasurably if Reyes can learn to put the ball on the floor and get to the rim effectively.

Does anyone remember that game where the BTN announcer was saying NBA in the same sentence as Rey? That was one of his more impressive games of the year, but two N words that usually don't go together are NBA and Nebraska. 

I know I'm a few months late with this observation...

Does anyone remember that game where the BTN announcer was saying NBA in the same sentence as Rey? That was one of his more impressive games of the year, but two N words that usually don't go together are NBA and Nebraska. 

But it's still a valid observation. He might have the athleticism to be in the NBA but I don't think he has the game for it. It seems to be a recurring theme (see Ubel) but I wish he would have redshirted his freshman year instead of waiting until after his sophomore year to have that epiphany. I like the kid and I think having some guys that can drive and dish to him will help a ton. I know Rey can drive but he rarely does. I'm not sure why. Even if you can't finish, get fouled. But whatever. I hope he has more success this upcoming season.

But it's still a valid observation. He might have the athleticism to be in the NBA but I don't think he has the game for it. It seems to be a recurring theme (see Ubel) but I wish he would have redshirted his freshman year instead of waiting until after his sophomore year to have that epiphany. I like the kid and I think having some guys that can drive and dish to him will help a ton. I know Rey can drive but he rarely does. I'm not sure why. Even if you can't finish, get fouled. But whatever. I hope he has more success this upcoming season.

Drive may not be his game, but there were a few times where he looked like he could make it his game.  I believe that Ray will be a valuable asset next season no matter what role he plays.  Like uneblinstu said, best defender on the team.  His ability to force turnovers really surfaced this past season. 

I hope in the off season he can up the 3pt% a bit and find the confidence to drive. 

Ray drives like a woman on a cell phone.  :P

(Sorry, that just goes back to a poll about annoying drivers I posted a couple months ago.)

Drive may not be his game, but there were a few times where he looked like he could make it his game. I believe that Ray will be a valuable asset next season no matter what role he plays. Like uneblinstu said, best defender on the team. His ability to force turnovers really surfaced this past season.

I hope in the off season he can up the 3pt% a bit and find the confidence to drive.

Lock him in the room with the big TVand Stephen Curry playoff videos.

Drive may not be his game, but there were a few times where he looked like he could make it his game. I believe that Ray will be a valuable asset next season no matter what role he plays. Like uneblinstu said, best defender on the team. His ability to force turnovers really surfaced this past season.

Lock him in the room with the big TVand Stephen Curry playoff videos.

In college, alot of people said the same thing about curry, they questioned his durability (which is still in question) and his dribble game...now look at him...with a decent season i think Rey can at least invite some conversation as a dleague guy

Ray could compete in the D-League no question.

i think right now, if he continues his development that’s his floor, he has a lethal midrange game if he used it more, in that dribble pull-up game off this pick roll (which i wish Miles would use more, especially with Pitchford or Smith this season, pitchford the athleticism, can either pick and pop or roll, and smith just being a big body better set some solid screens) or can shoot from deep, i believe the d league is his floor, with possibly a passable rotation guy or fringe rotation guy as his ceiling. The NBA is changing and guys like ray can come in...there are not very many 6'6 6'7 2 guards anymore, the college game and nba are blurring together and small ball is the new in thing.