Is this the Sheldon Jeter we know? Yessir.

I sorta lost track of him. And is he one of the transfers we are hearing about? Nebraska isn't technically closer to Beaver Falls than Vanderbilt is, is it?

@MattSteinbrink: Hearing that Sheldon Jeter may be transferring out of Vanderbilt to get closer to home for family reasons

@MattSteinbrink: Sheldon Jeter would be a huge addition for Pitt. 6'7 stretch four that is versatile. Similar to Jerami Grant but he can shoot it

@jymsled: @KDPomp Rumor Sheldon Jeter looking to transfer to PITT. Eligible immediately as transfer due to "family illness". Truth?

@ChrisDokish: I was just told that Pitt's current top 4 targets are Joseph Uchebo, DeAndre Kane, Sheldon Jeter, and Nkosi Ali.

@Hail_Pitt: Sheldon Jeter wanting to transfer from Vandy to be closer to home couldn't come at a better time. Hail Pitt! http://t.co/qpkq30Dz99

I just threw out a tweet to Robin asking if Sheldon was one of the possible transfers we are hearing about and he replied yes. Another 6-7 shooter. We are just gonna collect them.

Nevermind it was the Pitt guy that said yes. Robin just says that he "could be" one of the transfers we heard about.

I just threw out a tweet to Robin asking if Sheldon was one of the possible transfers we are hearing about and he replied yes. Another 6-7 shooter. We are just gonna collect them.

Nevermind it was the Pitt guy that said yes. Robin just says that he "could be" one of the transfers we heard about.

Will you please post the tweets on here?

@STIN3sup: @RobinWashut Is Jete's bro one of the poss transfers?“@MattSteinbrink: Hearing that Sheldon Jeter may be transferring out of Vanderbilt"

@MattSteinbrink: @STIN3sup @RobinWashut yes

@RobinWashut: @STIN3sup Not sure. Could be, but I had heard he wanted to move closer to home.

I read this last night and just didn't know what to say.

I have a feeling the Jeter shipped sailed a couple of years ago.  If Pitt is interested, I don't think we probably would stand much of a chance of landing him.  Pitt is in his back yard.  His cousin was our connection but there's a new coach here now so I'm not sure that's much of a connection any longer. 

I will always wonder, though, whether we could have gotten him if we had offered him coming out of HS.

His cousin was our connection but there's a new coach here now so I'm not sure that's much of a connection any longer. 

Lance still tweets pro-Husker stuff FWIW

This is true, he still tweets at some old teammates including Ubel and has posted pictures wearing a Husker basketball shirt and Husker snuggie.

• 2 weeks later...

Little twitter exchange between Kent and Jeter this morning.

Kent Pavelka‏@Kent_Pavelka2h

@SWEETJETE34 maybe suggest another option here???? http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/pitt-big-east/vanderbilt-blocking-sheldon-jeters-transfer-to-pitt-basketball-sources-say-688502/ …

LANCE JETER‏@SWEETJETE342h

@Kent_Pavelka we will see kent he want to be closer to home though!! Lol