In State Players Leaving

Merlin

Anyone concerned about the fact we lose so many quality in state players?  I realize their is some duplication in positions, but we should not lose high quality players.  Is their a conflict with the program philosophy and some of the club coaches in this state?

We get our share.  There has just been a bunch of upper D1 level recruits for a state as small as Nebraska.  But you raise a good point about the relationship of this staff with the club coaches.  I don't know where that is at right now.   I thoought we had mended some fences in that area, but I am not sure.  Row 6 may have some insight here.   The one that was really strange was Briana Craig, whose parents both played for Nebraska.  Not sure what all went down there, but Deb Patterson, for God's sake??

I actually think the relationship is pretty good between the staff and instate club coaches. We've got two from the Cornhusker Shooting Stars on the team now and another one next year and Jess in two years. I'm willing to give this staff some lee way as I think they form these relationships with these instate players sometimes for 4 to 5 years and they're able to figure out if these players will fit into the program or not be it attitude, egotism, work ethic or parental influence, etc.

With the national notoriety the program has garnered these last four years I'm inclined to think we may be in on some "bigger fish"  so to speak and maybe some of these players were told in so many words that they may find themselves with fewer minutes than they're comfortable with or that there just isn't room right now. Plus the fact Yori's 100% graduation rate here at Nebraska no doubt impresses parents from all over the nation.

Speaking of bigger fish one should keep an eye out just south of the border. The Nebraska-Kansas border that is. I think we've got a really good shot at landing the best 2014 recruit from Kansas. I got my fingers crossed on this one.