Alex Illikainen - PF - 2015 prospect -> Wisconsin

uneblinstu

Was NU ever on the short list? Just wondering, CU was in his "last" one and if you haven't been keeping up with his recruiting there were a lot of coaching staffs that stopped recruiting him during/after the July evaluation period, including CU's, and it wouldn't surprise me if Miles had done the same, especially considering you already have a player committed in the same class with a very similar skillset

Was NU ever on the short list? Just wondering, CU was in his "last" one and if you haven't been keeping up with his recruiting there were a lot of coaching staffs that stopped recruiting him during/after the July evaluation period, including CU's, and it wouldn't surprise me if Miles had done the same, especially considering you already have a player committed in the same class with a very similar skillset

he did make an unofficial visit in like June so Im assuming they were in on him at the time.

he did make an unofficial visit in like June so Im assuming they were in on him at the time.

as Ianigan said, his recruitment has been weird. Greg had been on him for quite some time - and we were looking forward to getting a commit from him - but then all of a sudden he announced he was going to prep school and we were no longer in pursuit. I think a lot of coaches got scared off by the level of competition he was playing during his junior year, and the prep environment will allow him to prove that he can hang with the big boys

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

An observation from Buckyville

Alex Ilikainen has basically taken on the old Tim Jarmusz philosophy. If I never do anything wrong they can't take me out, so I will just never look to do anything other than keep myself away from the action. Watching UW trying to run a pick-and-pop with Alex is just painful because he's open every time and he never even looks at the rim. He's gone from "indecisive" to "decisively passive"... and in all honesty, given the current state of our power forwards, it's probably a slight improvement. Again, he's providing nothing other than allowing seconds to tick off the clock while Ethan tries to get some rest

21 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

An observation from Buckyville

Alex Ilikainen has basically taken on the old Tim Jarmusz philosophy. If I never do anything wrong they can't take me out, so I will just never look to do anything other than keep myself away from the action. Watching UW trying to run a pick-and-pop with Alex is just painful because he's open every time and he never even looks at the rim. He's gone from "indecisive" to "decisively passive"... and in all honesty, given the current state of our power forwards, it's probably a slight improvement. Again, he's providing nothing other than allowing seconds to tick off the clock while Ethan tries to get some rest

Wow, that reads like a observation of my playing career. 

• hhcmatt changed the title to Alex Illikainen - PF - 2015 prospect -> Wisconsin
  • 9 months later...