Year end banquet

Row6Seat10

The theme of the banquet was "Change" as Coach Yori noted. And the ability to change for the better. Defensive coordinator Coach Sunny made the change in the defense scheme, Coach Dayna made a major change in the offensive scheme and the team held a members only team meeting and decided to come away with better effort, focus and attitude. And it can be pin-pointed to the game in Minneapolis against Minnesota. And as you look back on it, it all makes sense. And I agree with the coach we can beat Duke!

Sad to see the seniors say their farewell speech especially Lindsey as she has become one of my all time favorite Huskers. But really excited to get it going again in PBA next season. 

Awards were as followed;

Teammate Award: Katie Simon and Meghan Williams

Top Rebounder: Emily Cady and Hallie Sample

Defensive MVP: Emily Cady

Offensive MVP: Lindsey Moore

Husker Award: Jordan Hooper

One other thing Lindsey flies to Connecticut next Monday as the WNBA wants her there for when she gets drafted into the league. Exciting times to be in her shoes!! Good luck Zeroes!

Speaking of change. One change I wish they'd make next year is when cooking the potatoes for the banquet they quit boiling them in Salt Creek water before they serve them. Now I have to go pop in the A&M game again as I'm ready for next November. It can't get here fast enough.