The state outline is back!

I like maple.  I like unstained maple the best.  If there's a subtle stain inside the arc, I'm good with it.  I do like having the lane painted a school color.  Like green for Michigan State.  If we did ours red, I'd be good with that.  Or at least like to see what it would look like.  Otherwise, I'm totally fine with the floor.  Glad they went with maple, unstained.  I think it's a very clean look.  The floor we have right now has kind of a dingy tint.

Norm, my concern is they aren't going to leave the lighter parts of the court unstained, but more whitewashed, akin to BYU's court:

mc1.jpg

...and then compound that error by staining the 3-point area dark, for even MORE contrast.  That, IMO, would not be a good look at all.

I hope I'm wrong about that and the rendering software just gives it that washed out appearance.  Of course this picking extreme nits, it's not gonna matter a whole lot in the end...after all we suffered through basketballs at the top of the key and a red 3-point area.  This won't be THAT bad at least.

My takeaways.

1.  I never was a fan of the state outline, not even in the 90's when we had it, but with the stain only, I can live with it

2.  I am glad to see the N at midcourt go back to fitting inside the jump circle.  Ridiculo humongo N is kind of an embarrassment, IMO

3.  I like the B1G logo appearing in stain, not paint

4.  Don't like the Huskers on the side.  Not necessary.  Again, too busy for my taste

5.  FNBO logos are too big.  I suppose there isn't much to be done about that.  Such is life in the modern era.

There was another court design done by a poster on another board that I like better than what they actually came up with:

rybrodesignjpg.jpg

Maybe just because he used an actual image of wood flooring as the basis for the design I don't know.  But it gives an example of what it would look like if you left the 3-point areas unstained.  Much cleaner look, IMO.

I love the new floor, I had to get used to the bank logos for a minute, but after I watched the video I love it.  Glad they went old school with the state outline.  I just hope they don't put too much more on the court.  I like a cleaner look.  The one exception I'd make is finding room for Tim Miles court in about 15 years or so. :D

I'm a big fan. If I'm going to pick some nits, I'd put a red border around the state and make the star red.  I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other about the two stain colors.  Also, I'd love to see the program re-embrace the Nebrasketball moniker.  The fanbase has done it informally already, I'd love to see the program adopt it again.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Awesome!  Wait, why is the First National bank logo on the court located in Pinnacle Bank Arena?

I think it's the Official bank of the Huskers. If I remember my radio commercials correctly. Shoulda been Dorothy Lynch

Don't forget that First National is also the official bank of the Big Ten.

It's basically the inverse (in terms of stain patterns) to the Illini court:

court3.jpg

Personally, I hate it.  I have always hated having the 3-point area a different color than the rest of the court.  Stain or paint the lanes, fine, but to me it's just too busy to do anything to the 3-point area.

I hate the 2/tone design as well, but at least they gave me the state outline WITH the Star City, so I'll have to be happy with that.

"Welcome to the Bank of the West halftime show here at Pinnacle Bank Arena.  The First National Bank of Omaha Nebraska Huskers have a 5 point lead against Northern Alabama A&P, let's get to the highlights and take you down to Flip Gleemer standing by on Wells Fargo court.  Flip?"