Huskers Sell out Public Tickets at Pinnicle Bank

Posted Image

Lincoln – Nebraska Athletic Department officials announced Friday afternoon that all public season tickets for the 2013-14 men’s basketball season at Pinnacle Bank Arena have been accounted for by fans who have placed deposits for the upcoming season. A waitlist has now started at Huskers.com/Arena in the event tickets become available at a later date.

“First of all, it is a tribute to the greatest fans in college athletics,” Executive Associate Athletic Director Marc Boehm said. “Secondly, it also shows the enthusiasm that fans around the state have for Husker basketball. We want to thank Coach Miles for the hard work that he and his staff have done over the past 13 months, as well as the commitment of our athletic staff in helping us to make today’s announcement possible.”

Friday’s announcement marks the first time in program history that Nebraska basketball has pre-sold its entire public seating for the season. Pinnacle Bank Arena, when it is completed on Aug. 14, will seat approximately 15,147 fans for basketball. The $179 million dollar arena is the centerpiece of the West Haymarket Development project, which will include hotels, restaurants, parking and shopping located blocks from the University of Nebraska campus.General public ticket sales have increased nearly 95 percent from the 2012-13 season while student tickets are already up 30 percent from the last season at the 13,595-seat Bob Devaney Sports Center. As of this afternoon, the only tickets remaining are approximately 100 student seats in an expanded 1,650-seat student section, which includes approximately 1,000 lower bowl seats.

https://twitter.com/...430971696529408

Click here to view the article

I'm glad that basketball tickets are no longer tied to football contributions.  That's going to eliminate a certain contingent of Creighton basketball fans who donate big bucks to the football program and then use their basketball seats once every other year to come in with their blue and white and cheer for Creighton.

Any season ticket holder who has scanned the stands during games knows I'm right about this.  There were plenty of seats around me that no one sat in all year long.  Except for one game.

I'm glad that basketball tickets are no longer tied to football contributions.  That's going to eliminate a certain contingent of Creighton basketball fans who donate big bucks to the football program and then use their basketball seats once every other year to come in with their blue and white and cheer for Creighton.

Any season ticket holder who has scanned the stands during games knows I'm right about this.  There were plenty of seats around me that no one sat in all year long.  Except for one game.

Very aggravating.  The 'C' level consistently had more people sitting in it than the A/B levels this year

Very aggravating.  The 'C' level consistently had more people sitting in it than the A/B levels this year decade.

FTFY

So, if they've sold 10.3K, plus 1,500 student seats and the building holds 15.3K, that mean's 77% of capacity is already accounted for.  That's impressive considering the product on the floor the past 15 years has been...lacking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinnacle_Bank_Arena

So it's more like 79% sold already.

Huskers.com and the PBA site both have it over 15K.  I'm gonna go with those.

So, if they've sold 10.3K, plus 1,500 student seats and the building holds 15.3K, that mean's 77% of capacity is already accounted for.  That's impressive considering the product on the floor the past 15 years has been...lacking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinnacle_Bank_Arena

So it's more like 79% sold already.

Huskers.com and the PBA site both have it over 15K.  I'm gonna go with those.

Yeah, and I read the OWH article about it this afternoon and they said the official number isn't set yet because they haven't counted the suites.  They expect it to end up about 15.2 like you said.  I guess the wikipedia number is just accounting for standard seating.  I stand corrected.

To be fair however, the suites are already all sold out IIRC, so it's still only about 3k to go as far as selling out the rest of the arena.  One thing the OWH article pointed out is they've already set a record (according to their research) for season ticket sales.

Norm, you got this right! The football donors skewed the donation levels at the Bob and made the lower seats obscenely overpriced.

Now the basketball only donations allowed me to make a move from C12 row 22 down to the lower bowl.

However, perhaps you slightly overstate the lack of use of some of the seats, as my grandchildren and I observed numerous sets of seats like those you describe... we would go sit in these seats and pray we did not pick one of the few games that somebody actually showed up to use their own seats. (When my wife went, we always sat in our own nose bleed seats, as she could not stand the thought of being heaved from a faux seat!)

The crowd participation next season should be significantly better as we group people that actually care about the team at the lower levels...the decibel levels should rise.

Tim Miles' Dream: Sold-Out Signs at Pinnacle Bank Arena - Huskers.com

"Tim Miles wants Nebraska fans to envision the same sold-out signs he sees every day. When Nebraska Executive Associate Athletic Director Marc Boehm told Miles that a recent 21-day advertising campaign resulted in 1,130 new season ticket sales to the general public, Miles smiled. The video he starred in at the new arena had an impact, but he's ready to do whatever Marketing asks him to do next."