Who the hell is Josh Peterson? And why is he tweeting that

tcp

Tai Webster may not be coming to NU after all? I guess this guy's a talk radio dude, but has anyone heard any of these "rumors" he alludes to in his tweet this morning? Sorry, I'm completely ignorant on how to report tweets and I'll stay that way. But I read it on an SB Nation board earlier (hat tip, Corn Nation).

He's the producer of Unsportsmanlike Conduct.  Those rumors were floating around yesterday, Robin Washut squelched them, Tai confirmed Washut's report.  There's nothing to the rumors.

damn radio people. thanks for my peace of mind! non-threatening man hug for that.

Sounds like Josh is engaging in pure rumor mongering. Which is fine if you're an anonymous message board poster. The kind they like to make fun of. It's not ok if you're in the business of sports journalism. Reporting pure rumor is nothing any reputable outlet should be doing. What's the basis of the report, Josh? Or are you just talking out of your arse? Oh, the latter? Oh, ok. Good to know.

He's hearing there's some truth to the rumor, huh? And the origin of what he's hearing, so that the public can assess how much weight to give it? What do you bet it was based on our discussion from yesterday? What do you bet he just read what we said and went with it as consistent with his desired narrative? That's sure what it looks like considering the timing of this "report." Rolls eyes.

Tai Webster may not be coming to NU after all? I guess this guy's a talk radio dude, but has anyone heard any of these "rumors" he alludes to in his tweet this morning? Sorry, I'm completely ignorant on how to report tweets and I'll stay that way. But I read it on an SB Nation board earlier (hat tip, Corn Nation).

tcp, you have to stay away from those unreliable websites.  Huffington Post and daily kos are of the same ilk.  If you want the truth, it's Drudge, the blaze and HHC.   ;)

tcp, you have to stay away from those unreliable websites.  Huffington Post and daily kos are of the same ilk.  If you want the truth, it's Drudge, the blaze and HHC.   ;)

The Drudge report started as a Hollywood gossip column and hasn't progressed very far from that.

He's hearing there's some truth to the rumor, huh? And the origin of what he's hearing, so that the public can assess how much weight to give it? What do you bet it was based on our discussion from yesterday? What do you bet he just read what we said and went with it as consistent with his desired narrative? That's sure what it looks like considering the timing of this "report." Rolls eyes.

Totally agree with what you're saying Norm, but isn't there an emoticon for the eye roll? ;)

The Drudge report started as a Hollywood gossip column and hasn't progressed very far from that.

As much as I wish you were right, there have been a few times where they were half a step ahead of me while I was trying to . . . handle an issue. It is really no fun when I find myself saying "how the fvck did Drudge get that?"

As much as I wish you were right, there have been a few times where they were half a step ahead of me while I was trying to . . . handle an issue. It is really no fun when I find myself saying "how the fvck did Drudge get that?"

A broken clock is right twice a day and Drudge is only slightly less accurate than that.

ach du lieber, you're being a mensch. clearly, if I want truth, I'll read the Onion. But as I'm sure you know, the truth can be overrated some days...:)

I had no intention of sidetracking this thread into a discussion of Matt Drudge.  I was just having some fun with tcp.  Drudge supplies links to newpaper articles and video that talk about today's news.  So if his website is inaccurate, I guess that's an indictment of today's mainstream media.  I've found that most people who mock Drudge don't agree with his political leanings so they dismiss and belittle him.  Which is pretty much standard from all sides in today's world.....

Not bad.  I used "today's" three times in that post.  Make that four. :)