WBB: Game #33 vs Texas A&M (NCAA)

Row6Seat10

Wonderful post game show by Matt and Coach Smallwood. Loved the recognition they gave to Hallie Sample...she does so much for this team and played a huge part in winning this game. Offensive rebounds, setting screens, defending, finishing big plays at the end.

Also fun to think about how far this program has come. Ten years ago, who could've even imagined a Nebraska team beating a top 10, national championship-level program on their home court to go to the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years?

Connie Yori and her staff deserve SO much credit for what they've built and are building in Lincoln. If there are top level high school players in the Midwest looking for a program with the highest integrity, excellent player development, great fans, and increasingly better results in March, I think they'd be crazy not to look at Connie's program...

Haha at least we got Shepard! She's going to be better than all of the former Knights anyways :-)

I think these are the kinds of wins Connie can point to in recruiting to show what this program is capable of.

So happy for this team! It makes it all the better when you know they are such great people off the court as well.

What a game. I'm not going to lie but I had my doubts going into this game.  Playing A&M, a top 10 team on their home court was a huge mountain to climb.  We played about as good as we could.  A&M got out to a 14-6 lead and it didn't look good.  We come back and take a 13 (?) lead at the half.  A&M takes another run at us and comes within 2.  We build the lead back up and then A&M takes another run at us coming within 7.  We then hit key shots and free throws to thwart them again.  Love to see that kind of basketball. I hope we have another good game left in the tank.

What a game. I'm not going to lie but I had my doubts going into this game.  Playing A&M, a top 10 team on their home court was a huge mountain to climb.  We played about as good as we could.  A&M got out to a 14-6 lead and it didn't look good.  We come back and take a 13 (?) lead at the half.  A&M takes another run at us and comes within 2.  We build the lead back up and then A&M takes another run at us coming within 7.  We then hit key shots and free throws to thwart them again.  Love to see that kind of basketball. I hope we have another good game left in the tank.

And from a newspaper in Texjas a bit over confident. I seen on tweeter that Bellock had a quote saying that A&M was very good and if I were Nebraska I wouldn't want to play us. And I did see the the actual clip.

Just wanted to chime in with what a great job the coaching staff did with the game plan for A & M.  The way they fronted Bone was interesting.    This was just a great effort all around.  2 sweet 16s in 4 years is pretty special for Nebraska. 

i told my dad they are bigger, faster, stronger, deeper and more athletic, so of course we will win.  when he asked why i said, despite the afformentioned, they are not a great shooting team and i have a hunch double 0's is going to come up big.  i did not expect Sample to come up that big though.  what a great win and that was the best offensive excution i have seen by the huskers in a long time.