in other action

Row6Seat10

B1G is 2-0 today. Besides the Huskers Michigan St held off a stubborn Marist team 55-47.

KU who lucked out and got a bid made the most of it and went into Boulder and clobbered 5 seed Colorado 67-52

Past Husker opponents South Dakota St got drubbed by South Carolina 74-52, Oral Roberts came up way short against Tennesee 83-62 and South Florida beat Texas Tech on the Red Raiders home court 71-70

Second straight year the Big Ten has not shown well in the tournament. I have to think that will affect how they seed B1G teams in the future.

I'm really surprised Penn State lost. They seemed like such a balanced, athletic team.

Lucas couldn't throw a barn in the ocean and Bentley was just as inept. So those two not playing well did them in IMHO.

huskerfan 86.  we showed well in that all 6 got through the first round.  with the exception of purdue and penn state they all went according to design.  the one "outstanding" PSU having an early departure was a bit of a shock, but one i am extrordinarily happy with.  watched them in the brawl they lost in minnesota and then the next week in our house.  starting with maggie lucas' FU to the official after a travel call and followed with the countless techinicals for language they didn't call, capped off with Alex Bently getting up in an officialls face and unloading the 4 letter dictionary a couple times, so though it makes the conference look a bit worse having them lose, i was very glad.  can't stand the idea of that amount of classlessness being on display. 

I also think the Big 10 showed rather well in the tournament..   By seeding only Purdue and Penn St were picked to go to the Sweet 16 and Nebraskaa made it.  Also every Big 10 defeat was on the home floor of the team that they lost to except Iowa who lost to Number 1 seed Notre Dame on Iowa's home court.  I also was not too disappointed in Penn State losing as they seems to be the only Big 10 team to play thugball.  I know it sounds like sour grapes because they are the best and we have no answer for them  But it;s thugball all the same.  If I want thugball I will watch most men's games..

i'm no fan of either louisville or baylor, and, i only saw video segments of the game. wow. this was unbelievable to me. way too physical for a basketball game. plus, saw the trash talking by the young woman from louisville---never liked it, never will. she shoulda been yanked by the coach! at least given a big 'T'! and, baylor's "drama queen" shoulda been 'T'd' up also. just a poor stain on women's bb. 'bout as ugly as it gets.

Kim Mulkey is always worth the price of admission!  But from a male's point of view Sherri Coale will always be my favorite! 

Baylor should have put Griner up at High Post and force fed Brooklyn Pope and Destiny Williams underneath.  The Bears will be OK next year, they still have Odyssey Sims and Mulkey can recruit.

Not sure how many of you remember Cindy Stein the ex Missouri coach. She became the Southern Illinois head coach today.

Stein and the University agreed to a five-year contract that will pay her $149,000 annually during her first two years, $155,000 in years three and four, and $160,000 in year five.

http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/040313aaa.html

Kim Mulkey is always worth the price of admission!  But from a male's point of view Sherri Coale will always be my favorite! 

Baylor should have put Griner up at High Post and force fed Brooklyn Pope and Destiny Williams underneath.  The Bears will be OK next year, they still have Odyssey Sims and Mulkey can recruit.

Sherri Coale will always be my favorite! YEAH BABY SHALL WE SHAG