Sai Tummala -> Arizona St.-> Hawaii

Well we must be at or near the top... and here is why.  After the tweet that he had narrowed his list, not even an hour later the post is deleted.  He then announces on his own twitter page that he has no list and procedes to schedule a visit (first sounds like) to Nebraska over the upcomming weekend.  Or maybe I am just overplaying it.

He had the Nebraska visit scheduled for a while

Having already spent a season in the B1G helps nebraska

I agree with that. I think he has some unfinished business, and who wouldn't want to stick it to Michigan?

I don't believe Sai has any negative feelings toward Michigan. It was his decision to walk on there and it was his decision to leave. Based on his tweets during the tournament, he was rooting for them and has friends there.

All I'm saying is that I don't believe he has any agenda regarding Michigan in terms of proving anything to them or getting back at them.

I agree with that. I think he has some unfinished business, and who wouldn't want to stick it to Michigan?

I don't believe Sai has any negative feelings toward Michigan. It was his decision to walk on there and it was his decision to leave. Based on his tweets during the tournament, he was rooting for them and has friends there.

All I'm saying is that I don't believe he has any agenda regarding Michigan in terms of proving anything to them or getting back at them.

Spot on. It's not like he was forced to transfer from Michigan because they didnt think he was good enough. He transferred on his own merit to give himself a better opportunity to improve his game and give himself the opportunity he has now.

Okay, then take a different tack.

He REALLY wants to get the chance to get back to the B1G so he can stick it to Ohio State, MSU, Indiana, Wisco, et al.

I could be wrong, but what little I read about Sai leaving Michigan (at least on the message boards), he left because he wasn't going to get a scholarship. Maybe he doesn't have any ill will toward Beilein or the Wolverines, but wouldn't it be nice to go back to the Big Ten and prove he was worth a scholly?

Not that hard Tim.  Say something like this:

What kind of a competitor are you?  You're going to be scared of some competition?  Look, we've had a talent deficiency here for a long time, you help us close that gap.  We're going to play an up tempo, in your face style (I'm pretty sure that's what Miles wants to do), there are minutes to be had.  You've got a tremendous opportunity to be a part of something that very few people get the chance to do.  We're close.  Really close.  Help us take the next step, and then take another.  They'll remember you forever.  

So what's Miles going to say to get Sai to commit? We already have 4 or 5 forwards that are about the same size as Sai. How do you convince him to come here?

The arena, facility, and B1G conference will hopefully be enough.

Though there are several players in that size range (Fuller, Petteway, Rivers, Shields) each one brings something completely different to the table in terms of specialties.  Tummala also seems different from each of the 4 in terms of abilities and would help complement the others on the floor at the time.

Yeah. And think of the length on the floor with such combinations as Petteway (6'6") at the point, Fuller (6'7") at the two, Shields (6'6") at the 3, Pichford (6'10") at the four, and Leslee Smith (6'8"--the shortie of the group) at center.

how is the shortie the second tallest, Im cornfused,

Yeah. And think of the length on the floor with such combinations as Petteway (6'6") at the point, Fuller (6'7") at the two, Shields (6'6") at the 3, Pichford (6'10") at the four, and Leslee Smith (6'8"--the shortie of the group) at center.

how is the shortie the second tallest, Im cornfused,

Short for his position--the center is often the tallest player on the floor, and 6'8" seems a bit short for B1G centers these days. Sorry for the confusion.

Fuller probably isn't a natural 2.  In Miles motion offense where he seems to want to have interchangeable pieces, though, I could see any of these guys rotating through in the 2-4 spots: 

6'5"  Hawkins

6'6"  Petteway

6'6"  Shields

6'7"  Rivers

6'7"  Fuller

6'7"  Tummala

With I don't care who at point and either Smith or Pitchford at the post.  With that combination of length and athleticism, you can switch every screen and challenge the other team's shooters on defense, and really spread the floor on offense especially when you have a couple of 6'7" lefties like Fuller and Tummala (please, oh please) who can drain the long ball.  And I mean looong ball.  Both of those two kids have NBA range.  Petteway, per reports, is the kid who can put it on the floor and drive it and finish or kick.  Force help D with the dribble drive and spot Fuller or Tummala in the corner and we'd have some guys raining three balls.

That's the thing about Tummala that makes me really hope we land him.  His ability to shoot from beyond the arc is really going to test defenses.  Because he can step out as a 4 and stroke it.  I mean, we'd be able to stick guys in the line-up at basically ever spot who have some scoring abitlity and, at least at the 1-4, ability to hit from 3.  In years past, you watch warm-ups and it seemed like we had few guys who would consistently knock down shots in warm-ups while the other teams were draining them.  Starting next year, it'll have a completely different look.

Not that hard Tim.  Say something like this:

What kind of a competitor are you?  You're going to be scared of some competition?  Look, we've had a talent deficiency here for a long time, you help us close that gap.  We're going to play an up tempo, in your face style (I'm pretty sure that's what Miles wants to do), there are minutes to be had.  You've got a tremendous opportunity to be a part of something that very few people get the chance to do.  We're close.  Really close.  Help us take the next step, and then take another.  They'll remember you forever.  

i think this is the best possible pitch you can make.. second would be to piggy back off the football team and partially other sports and talk about the extensive history of academic all americans, and a pretty decent medical college, and some pretty good hospitals for the region nearby. You could also attack that even if your peform poorly the community will still respect you and will show you love, i saw this first hand with Diaz at a bar in lincoln one night. ASU and Pitt cant offer that. My dad is from Pittsburgh and it he was a local basketball talent and he couldnt wait to leave. Im a homer but compared to the rest of the schools with the exception of BYU(i really like there program..and San Diego States as well) we should win this one and Sai, should be N come sunday morning.