Sai Tummala -> Arizona St.-> Hawaii

I said this kid's offers would blow up if he were returning for another year in juco.  Now that he's been named a juco AA, his offers might blow up anyway.  Please get him here for a visit and hold him down until April 17 and then hold the pen for him while he scribbles his signature.

Wasn't biggs a juco all american? His offers didn't really blow up. Us and Okie st.

I said this kid's offers would blow up if he were returning for another year in juco.  Now that he's been named a juco AA, his offers might blow up anyway.  Please get him here for a visit and hold him down until April 17 and then hold the pen for him while he scribbles his signature.

Wasn't biggs a juco all american? His offers didn't really blow up. Us and Okie st.

he also needed a ton of work just to be eligible to get to a NCAA school which a lot of teams backed off of because they didnt want to take the risk.  Hence him spending a summer in Columbus at central cc and still almost not making it in.

Should we be concerned that we haven't heard anything on Sai with signing day only 9 days away.  I was hoping for word on a visit by now.  But maybe this is a good thing if he is laying low and our staff will bring him in late and blow him away.  Any info out there I have missed?

its the quiet period which is why you arent hearing much.  He also has a month to sign as May 15 is when the next signing period closes.  I bet you'll see him sign/commit later in the period.

Biggs was named a juco All American after his freshman year?  I did not know that.  Hmmm.  You sure about that?

Biggs was named a juco All American after his freshman year?  I did not know that.  Hmmm.  You sure about that?

I don't think Biggs was named All American until after his soph season

Here is a link to this year's JUCO All-Americans .  Here is some data from the link:

There are 11 first teamers, of whom only 1 is a freshman;

There are 10 second teamers, all of whom are sophomores;

There are 10 third teamers, of whom only 3 are freshmen (including Sai Tummala); and

There are 20 honorable mentions, of whom only 5 are freshmen (including Sai).

So, the simple math totals are: (i) 31 first, second and third teamers, with Sai and only 3 other freshmen, and (ii) 51 honorable mentions and higher, with Sai and only 8 other freshmen.

Conclusion: Sai Tummala rates pretty well on this All-American ranking scheme.

Biggs got to practice with Michigan for a whole year then play Juco? I did not know that.

I know it was after biggs soph season, but they were the same grade/age when they became JUCO AMs

Not trying to argue, but I don't see Sai's offers blowing up. Especially this late in the game.

I believe that Sai Tummala is a better get than Leslee smith though.

Biggs got to practice with Michigan for a whole year then play Juco? I did not know that.

I know it was after biggs soph season, but they were the same grade/age when they became JUCO AMs

Not trying to argue, but I don't see Sai's offers blowing up. Especially this late in the game.

Exactly.  Sai is not a true freshman, he is a RS freshman.  Huge difference.

You are getting your players mixed up...it was Sai Tummala that was a walk on for Michjgan...then went to CC

You are getting your players mixed up...it was Sai Tummala that was a walk on for Michjgan...then went to CC

I was answering norm's sarcasm with my own sarcasm. This is getting really confusing now.

Exactly.  Sai is not a true freshman, he is a RS freshman.  Huge difference.

Huge difference?  Really?  Huge?

Is there a difference between a RS freshman and a true sophomore?

Promise me, NUdiehard, that you won't come back here next fall talking about how Petteway, Pitchford and Biggs will have to shake off any rust from sitting out a year.  Afterall, they practiced all year long.  They'll basically be coming as juniors for all purposes except eligibility, right?

I and others have already explained why Sai's offers would be greater this November if he was returning for his sophomore season.  I haven't seen the counter argument, but maybe there is one.   Other than there's a huge difference between a freshman and a redshirt freshman.

Norm, everyone likes what they see in Sai from his videos, but we are talking about a guy that had no offers in high school. His offers are not going to blow up from having one good JUCO season. There is still a chance his game does not transfer to D1. If Sai does not work out, you are stuck with him for 3 years. It is highly unlikely he will transfer again since he does not have a redshirt to burn.

Norm, everyone likes what they see in Sai from his videos, but we are talking about a guy that had no offers in high school. His offers are not going to blow up from having one good JUCO season. There is still a chance his game does not transfer to D1. If Sai does not work out, you are stuck with him for 3 years. It is highly unlikely he will transfer again since he does not have a redshirt to burn.

Not necessarily true. I believe he could transfer down a division without having to sit out a season and lose a year of eligibilty.