Ester Ramacieri

Row6Seat10

Husker recruit Esther Ramacieri and her 3rd seeded Dawson College prep school is playing in the CCAA (Canadian National tournament) this weekend in Quebec. They played their first game of the tournament tonight and beat 6 seed Vancouver Island University 65 - 43. Esther had 9 points, 5 assists, 2 rebounds, and 3 steals in 33 minutes of play. But she also committed 6 turnovers. 

This looks as if it's a round robin type tournament. The win moves Dawson College to 21-0 and tomorrow they play the 2 seed St. Thomas University (28-0) a 23 point winner earlier today.

......... I know I'm just as confused as you are about Canadian girls basketball........ :blink:

http://ccaa.ca/womensbasketball2013/index.php/en/schedule-and-results/schedule-and-results

>Signing Tvrdy and Ramacieri are just flat out head scratcher

And what makes you the expert that knows that they are not good.  I am sure you said the same thing about a kid from Alaska named Kelsey Griffin.  She did not look like a world beater to all the message board experts either.

Not even close to the same situation.  No, I didn't even come close to saying or thinking that about Griffin, and nether did anyone else who closely followed women's basketball.  A lot of teams tried to recruit her late, but we were fortunate she stuck with us.  I guess time will tell; we'll see in a couple of years if I know anything. 

Esther Ramacieri's Dawson College team moves into the finals with a 74-65 win over 2nd seed St Thomas University.  Esther had 12 points, 4 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 turnovers all in 30 minutes of play.

Dawson College advances to play top seeded Montmorency for the (CCAA) Canadian National title tomorrow night.

HB would it change your mind if I told you that Ramacieri picked the Huskers over St Thomas, UMass and the New Jersey Institution of Technology. :rolleyes:

>Signing Tvrdy and Ramacieri are just flat out head scratcher

And what makes you the expert that knows that they are not good.  I am sure you said the same thing about a kid from Alaska named Kelsey Griffin.  She did not look like a world beater to all the message board experts either.

Playin' the Kelsey Griffin card, huh?  I'm sure that's relevant somehow.  What makes HB an expert?  Well, like you, he has a keyboard and an opinion.  I think that's what these message boards are for.  <_<

Esther Ramacieri's Dawson College team moves into the finals with a 74-65 win over 2nd seed St Thomas University.  Esther had 12 points, 4 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 turnovers all in 30 minutes of play.

Dawson College advances to play top seeded Montmorency for the (CCAA) Canadian National title tomorrow night.

HB would it change your mind if I told you that Ramacieri picked the Huskers over St Thomas, UMass and the New Jersey Institution of Technology. :rolleyes:

Part of the reason I said it was a "head scratcher".....I didn't say she was bad, couldn't play, that I know more than the staff, etc....just that from a distance, she's either a huge reach or a glorious diamond in the rough with a big upside.  I'd love it to be the latter. 

We need a big, physical inside player.  Does the girl from Shelby Rising City fit that category?

I haven't seen her play, but she looks the part.  Shepard qualifies, plus she's pretty skilled.  Problem is, we need a big, physical inside player next year, and I haven't heard of any targets for the spring class who would be eligible next year.  Hope we're looking at someone, a juco or whoever, for next year.  We have no true post players fitting your description at this point to put on the floor next year.

Actually Ramacieri is the recruit I am the most interested in, since i know the least about her.  Tvrdy I have seen several times, there is nothing eye popping talent wise.  So to the head scratchers this is what we are getting.  A coaches daughter, so she is well coached with an above average IQ and will probably be  bit of a hardnose in practice.  As close as I can get you, think Kala Kuhlman.  Her contributions will serve the team very well at practice and probably will not pop on the court.  She will give good quality minutes, however, she probably won't light the stat sheets on fire.  Havers with her height and athleticism could be super star, but let's be honest.  If you read her coach talk closely, she needs more size.  The talk about benefiting from focusing in on one sport, that is coach talk for needs to improve ball skills to be that star.  Think she and dear old NU might be best served in the long run with a redshirt.  What about Esther?  I do not know, but I am hoping she is a great on ball defender.  Love to see the steals on the stat line.

A "Big Red welcome" to the forum "caveman" good to have more views please do contribute again!

Esther's Dawson College team fell to Montmorency 58 - 42 last night to finish second. None the less a great season for Dawson College. Esther finished up with 7 points, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 assists and 5 turnovers in 20 minutes.

I would expect Tvrdy to be an ok player as said.  The Kala Kaufman comparison might be close, which is ok for practice, but on the court, not so much.

With the addition of Maryland and Rutgers to the fold, the coming years will be interesting.  I think Connie does a great job, but recruiting is going to have to ramp up soon to compete at the the top of the BIG.