Woodbury

Dave85

LOL. The first two posts in this thread were the first two things that crossed my mind when I saw him score a couple early in the 1st half.

He is an OK player who will probably not be much better than he is now when he is a senior. Kind of like Eliason, who is in his 3rd year at Minnesota and playing 13 minutes per game and putting up 2.2 points per game.

Yeah and his Monster stat line for the year is also why we should have him :rolleyes:

Adam Woodbury 30 16.0 4.7 4.9 0.5 0.4 0.7 1.2 .477 .488 .000

16 min a game, almost 5 points a game and almost 5 rebounds a game. While shooting 47 % from the field and 48% from the line.

Hope Miles brings in like 5 guys like this. :blink:

We already have Vooch. ;)

I would take him and Eliason you can never have eniugh 6 10 kids and it hurts when you missed out on kids that close to home

There was no chance of Woodbury ever coming to Lincoln.  And when you think about it, Lincoln ain't very close to Chadron.  How did Colorado ever let Eliason get away?

And when you think about it, Lincoln ain't very close to Chadron.  How did Colorado ever let Eliason get away?

True, Cip, but the Twin Cities' isn't exactly a stone's throw from Chadron either.  I don't think distance was the driving factor in Elliot's decision.

I agree, cager.  That's why there's no hand-wringing on my part over Eliason.  Once Tubby Smith made an offer, he was headed northeast.  Good for him.

winning is the best revenge. honestly, the gesell/woodbury decisions just give this series more spice, and that's hopefully going to be good for us if Miles can get better players in here.

just remember, you can console yourself by knowing that neither of the South Sioux kids gets to use Ipods in the shower. So there.

Some of the posts in this thread are crazy. Gesell and Woodbury will be very good by the time they are seniors, and I am not even sure parker and vucetic will be on NU's team in the near future.

Not sure what that has to do with Gesell and Woodbury. I don't expect Parker or vucetic to be on our team either and I certainly don't want them in our rotation in a couple years. Doesn't mean we can't recruit players (I.e. Webster) to take us to the next level rather than worry about what a couple kids from Sioux city did.

Yeah, the last thing this program needs is 6-10 freshman cluttering the court up with a 6-6 performance from the field. <_<

I'm glad Miles is responsible for our recruiting. There must have been something that this list of colleges saw in the lad that some of you don't see.

Could we use him? Heck yea. Could we use any player taller than 6'9" starting on any power conference team? Heck yea. Woodbury seems like a decent player. I don't think he'll have the career Aleks Maric did. He may not even put up the numbers that Diaz did. My hope is Miles will find us some guys of our own.

I think Woodbury is the object for distain for the moment.  My horror is directed at clown moves like the one Aaron White made yesterday. That's a non-class act for slapping away Almeida, who tried to help up poor White after Big Andre made poor White look like he had pee'd down his own leg. What a clown that poor White is...

Sometimes it just takes a big man one season to get used to legit college basketball. Meyers Leonard went from a quiet freshman season to being one of the best big men in college basketball.

And Woodbury's 5 boards in 16 minutes per game is pretty darned good. Once he stops fouling and puts on some muscle, he's going to be a very good Big Ten player.

Sometimes it just takes a big man one season to get used to legit college basketball. Meyers Leonard went from a quiet freshman season to being one of the best big men in college basketball.

And we made him cry last year so I guess next year will be Woodbury's turn?