WBB: Game #30 vs Iowa: B1G Tournament

Row6Seat10

No. 2 Nebraska Cornhuskers (#21/25) (22-7, 12-4 Big Ten) Big Ten Quarterfinals No. 7 Iowa Hawkeyes (20-11, 8-8 Big Ten)

Friday, March 8, 11:30 a.m.
Sears Centre Arena (Hoffman Estates, Ill.)

National TV: BTN  (Eric Collins-PBP; Stephanie White-Analyst; Lisa Byington-Sideline)
Radio: 25-Station IMG College Husker Sports Network  (PBP-Matt Coatney; Analyst-Jeff Griesch) (KBBK 107.3 FM, Lincoln; KFFF 93.3 FM, Omaha; KNEB 94.1 FM, Scottsbluff; KHAS 1230 AM Hastings; KHAQ 98.5 FM, North Platte; KRGI 1430 AM, Grand Island; KCOW 1400 AM, Alliance)
Free Internet Audio: Huskers.com

iow-0212-iowa-women-vs-nebraska-01.jpg

Huskers Head to Chicago as No. 2 Seed at Big Ten Tournament

No. 21 Nebraska journeys to the Chicagoland area for the 2013 Big Ten Conference Women's Basketball Tournament, March 7-10. The Huskers claimed the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye in the 12-team field, and will begin their quest of a Big Ten title on Friday at Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, Ill.

Tip-off between Big Ten regular-season runner-up Nebraska and the No. 7 seed Iowa Hawkeyes is set for Friday at 11:30 a.m.. The Hawkeyes advanced to the quarterfinal round with a 60-55 victory over 10th-seeded Northwestern in Thursday's first game.

Big Ten Coach of the Year Connie Yori leads the Huskers to the tournament having won 10 of their last 11 games. Nebraska had its 10-game winning streak snapped by No. 7 Penn State with an 82-67 loss to the Lady Lions. The game prevented the Huskers from claiming a share of the Big Ten regular-season title. That setback sends the Huskers to Chicago hungry. Not only were the Big Red Big Ten regular-season runner-ups in 2013, the Huskers were the Big Ten Tournament runner-ups in 2012, falling to Purdue, 74-70, in double-overtime in Indianapolis. All-Big Ten honorees Jordan Hooper (first team), Lindsey Moore (second team), Emily Cady (honorable mention) and Rachel Theriot (freshman) lead a talented group of Huskers hoping to solidify a high seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Nebraska leads the all-time series with Iowa, 9-7, including a second straight sweep of the Big Ten regular-season series with the Hawkeyes. The Huskers notched their fifth straight win over Iowa as Big Ten foes with a 66-46 victory in Lincoln

Probable Starters:

Nebraska Cornhuskers
3 - Hailie Sample - 6-1 - So. - F
23 - Emily Cady - 6-2 - So. - F
35 - Jordan Hooper - 6-2 - Jr. - F
00 - Lindsey Moore - 5-9 - Sr. - G
24 - Rachel Theriot - 6-0 - Fr. - G

Iowa Hawkeyes
51 - Bethany Doolittle - 6-4 - So. - F
12 - Morgan Johnson - 6-5 - Sr. - C
22 - Samantha Logic - 5-8 - So. - G
23 - Theairra Taylor - 5-11 - Jr. - G
24 - Jaime Printy - 5-11 - Sr. - G

Huskers to Face Hawkeyes at Big Ten Tournament                        Huskers.com

And even from the so called

Huge win today!  Got huge contributions from just about everyone! Great to see that at this point in the season.  Hopefully we can keep that up going into tomorrow!

And even from the so called slow players. One of which had two big stops on D. And the other one spelled J Hoop and did well with her minutes.

76- 61 final. Defense and rebounding especially Emily Cady on the offensive boards won this one! The Hawkeyes couldn't get anything going and it was fun to watch them get more frustrated as the game progressed. The Huskers out rebounded them 44-30. Thought Tee's flagrant foul was bogus!

JHoop found her shot this afternoon 24 pts 7 boards.

Zeroes 13 points, 6 assists

Jefferey and Laudermill & Sample with good minutes all had 8 points

Player of the game Jordan Hooper

Love the fact we're 6-0 against Iowa since we joined the B1G!

76- 61 final. Defense and rebounding especially Emily Cady on the offensive boards won this one! The Hawkeyes couldn't get anything going and it was fun to watch them get more frustrated as the game progressed. The Huskers out rebounded them 44-30. Thought Tee's flagrant foul was bogus!

JHoop found her shot this afternoon 24 pts 7 boards.

Zeroes 13 points, 6 assists

Jefferey and Laudermill & Sample with good minutes all had 8 points

Player of the game Jordan Hooper

Love the fact we're 6-0 against Iowa since we joined the B1G!

I didn't get to see it, My wife told me about it. But it doesn't surprise me with the way Logic was complaining about T.

Lisa Bluder is running her mouth again after today's game. In her presser she said that you look up at the score board at halftime and you see that Nebraska only has two fouls in twenty minutes. Nobody is that clean, not even in warmups. But yet if you watch the game there was numerous times that Johnson had hooper in a arm bar trying to pull her down. If those had been called Johnson is out of the game. Then you get to Logic what friggin cry baby, just play the game okay. http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/husker-women-romp-past-iowa-will-face-purdue/article_1d436f3e-11db-5208-b275-ba3e61e7e994.html

Nice win ladies.  Hey Coach Bluder, you have to be fouled in order to have a foul called, so quit whining and show some class.

http://hawkcentral.com/2013/03/08/huskers-continue-ownshiper-of-hawkeyes/

“You got to the locker room and you see Nebraska with two fouls in the whole 20 minutes … I mean, nobody is that clean; nobody is that clean in warmups,” Bluder said. “You can’t be that clean in a game, there’s no way.”

For the second time in as many games, Bluder comes off looking bad in the press. Last time it was because Iowa had lots of games they care about, it's not all about Nebraska. Now it's because they didn't get the whistles.

Try out coached and out classed.

Nice win ladies.  Hey Coach Bluder, you have to be fouled in order to have a foul called, so quit whining and show some class.

“You got to the locker room and you see Nebraska with two fouls in the whole 20 minutes … I mean, nobody is that clean; nobody is that clean in warmups,” Bluder said. “You can’t be that clean in a game, there’s no way.”

For the second time in as many games, Bluder comes off looking bad in the press. Last time it was because Iowa had lots of games they care about, it's not all about Nebraska. Now it's because they didn't get the whistles.

I went back and wactched her presser, and those comments could be taken out of context. But with the style that Iowa plays what the Huskers did was mild to the way Iowa was playing. She was asked about the physical play not being called. Bluder said that her players were getting frusrated with the no calls, And that is what led to her saying what she said about the foul Discrepancy.

How many noticed the handshake between her and Yori after the game. No germs had a chance to be exchanged from both parties as handshakes and words were basically non existence. 0-6 against the new team in the league doesn't look very good especially after getting a top 15 national recruiting class 2 years ago. And a couple of years she has to face Maryland and Rutgers. Could get really rough for Bludder. Most likely even getting pressure from Iowa administration and fans from not being able to beat their (Border Rival) the Huskers.

I went back and wactched her presser, and those comments could be taken out of context. But with the style that Iowa plays what the Huskers did was mild to the way Iowa was playing. She was asked about the physical play not being called. Bluder said that her players were getting frusrated with the no calls, And that is what led to her saying what she said about the foul Discrepancy.

Have a link to her presser? My impressions are based on quotes from story I linked combined with Bluder's comments after the previous game as well about the "border war".

How many noticed the handshake between her and Yori after the game. No germs had a chance to be exchanged from both parties as handshakes and words were basically non existence. 0-6 against the new team in the league doesn't look very good especially after getting a top 15 national recruiting class 2 years ago. And a couple of years she has to face Maryland and Rutgers. Could get really rough for Bludder. Most likely even getting pressure from Iowa administration and fans from not being able to beat their (Border Rival) the Huskers.

But the Huskers aren't a rival to them. It's just another game to them, But if you watched the presser Bluder had a pained look on her face.

Have a link to her presser? My impressions are based on quotes from story I linked combined with Bluder's comments after the previous game as well about the "border war".

I beleive it is premuim content on big ten digital. But I can try to link it for you.