Big Ten Tourney scenarios

royalfan

Anyone dive into this yet?  It appears there may not be enough information at this time to figure out much.  Could be some very complicated tie breaker calculations.  Need one of those generators like the Big 12 had.  

Furthermore, who do you think we want to get first?  I think I prefer Minny not be that team.  We stand a better chance against Illinois or Iowa don't we?

Hard to say.  I expect us to be one and done at the B1G tourney.  We can survive OK at home but we just don't have the horses to compete and win against the teams ahead of us in the B1G.  But, having said that, I'd love another shot at Purdue.  I'd love us to beat that one guy.  The cocky white guy who didn't get hot until late and acted like he was the shizz the whole game?  Him.  Beat his @$$.

Purdue would be a perfect situation.  I wasn't aware it was possible, but I think it may be.  They obviously need to win next game.  I will probably dig a little deeper.  I want us to make the dance so damn bad, I cannot help myself from dreaming for some some reason. 

Hard to say.  I expect us to be one and done at the B1G tourney.  We can survive OK at home but we just don't have the horses to compete and win against the teams ahead of us in the B1G.  But, having said that, I'd love another shot at Purdue.  I'd love us to beat that one guy.  The cocky white guy who didn't get hot until late and acted like he was the shizz the whole game?  Him.  Beat his @$$.

DJ Byrd, the resident Team Bro (every team has one, I think...). You know the type...buys Jaeger bombs by the boatload at the bar, wears a lot of Affliction, listens solely to gangsta rap and likely has a penis the size of my travel lipstick.

You never leave That Guy open on the perimeter, though, because basically his one purpose on the team is to shoot 3s. The only time the other guys on the team are willing to act like they know him socially is when he makes them. So he does.

And I would dearly love one more opportunity for one of our seniors to straight-up own him.

DJ Byrd, the resident Team Bro (every team has one, I think...). You know the type...buys Jaeger bombs by the boatload at the bar, wears a lot of Affliction, listens solely to gangsta rap and likely has a penis the size of my travel lipstick.

You never leave That Guy open on the perimeter, though, because basically his one purpose on the team is to shoot 3s. The only time the other guys on the team are willing to act like they know him socially is when he makes them. So he does.

And I would dearly love one more opportunity for one of our seniors to straight-up own him.

Hilarious...not sure if I ever remember seeing you post before but that is a classic!

There are a lot of games that need to be predicted to do this, but assuming Michigan beats Indiana, Mich St. over Wisconsin, and Minny over Purdue among other things it would look like this

1.  Indy

8.Illinois

9.Purdue

4.  Mich St.

5. Wisconsin

12. Penn St

2. OSU

7. Iowa

10.  Nebraska

3. Michigan

6. Minny

11. NW

Same assumptions but Purdue beating Minny has it looking better for Nebraska

1. Indiana

8. Illinois

9. Minny

4. Mich. St.

5. Wisconsin

12. Penn St.

2. OSU

7. Purdue

10. Nebraska

3.  Michigan

6. Iowa

11. Northwestern

Haha sort of like Jake Sullivan from Iowa St a while back? Who else... This might deserve its own thread.

If we're seeded at #10 or #11, which I think are the only two possibilities for us at this point, we have an evening game...5:30 as the 10 seed going up against 7, or 8 p.m. as the 11 seed going up against the 6. The next day, the winners of each of those games have evening games also. So says the Big Ten website, anyway.

So good for getting to watch it, but maybe not great for catching a team still sleeping?

Travel size lipstick why is this only thing I took home from this post?

Good point.  Would likely be easier to win a 2nd round tilt for sure day 2 in the earlier slot.  Looking at any positive we could get in a 2nd round matchup.  One is that we will have a day to familiarize ourselves with a traditionally tough arena to shoot in.  Whoever we play will be playing for the first time there.  Traditionally some extremely low scoring big ten games when they played at the United Center.  The types of games we will need to be involved in to try and steal one at the end.  I am not sure if the rims they will be using will be as tight as they used to be or not.  Not an easy building to shoot in anyway though for some reason. 

Good point.  Would likely be easier to win a 2nd round tilt for sure day 2 in the earlier slot.  Looking at any positive we could get in a 2nd round matchup.  One is that we will have a day to familiarize ourselves with a traditionally tough arena to shoot in.  Whoever we play will be playing for the first time there.  Traditionally some extremely low scoring big ten games when they played at the United Center.  The types of games we will need to be involved in to try and steal one at the end.  I am not sure if the rims they will be using will be as tight as they used to be or not.  Not an easy building to shoot in anyway though for some reason. 

We're used to having to compete while shooting bad... advantage us?

It seemed that scenario was rather unlikely the way the tie breakers would lay out, barring some upset(s)

I actually prefer a third game with Illinois somehow. If it happens, I'll predict we upset them in the tourney.

that's too bad. i would've liked that game. then I'll jump on the Purdue wish list as a consolation prize. It would be fun to make Byrd cry.

http://sports.omaha.com/2013/03/07/husker-men-locked-in-at-10/

Northwestern’s loss Thursday night to Penn State has locked in Nebraska as the No. 10 seed in next week’s Big Ten Conference men’s basketball tournament.

The Huskers will play next Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at the United Center in Chicago against the No. 7 seed. That could still be Illinois, Minnesota or Iowa.

Nebraska plays at Iowa Saturday at 1:15 p.m. to finish the regular season.