Nick Fuller POY

http://www.wissports.net/page/show/554104-big-eight

Nick Fuller was 2X all conference player of the year in the Big 8 conference and 3X 1st team all conference.

He finished as the all time leading scorer in Sun Prairie high school and Big 8 conference history with 1,941 points

it also says that he played in 99 consecutive games in 4 years, also a record

Can't wait until next years team.  It will look alot different than this years for sure.

I could be wrong on this ...

I foresee Webster having a period of adjustment getting used to the higher level of competition in college and getting used to the American game.  He has skills; he has tools; but there will still be a period of adjustment, so I think we better temper some of our expectations.  I suspect Fuller might come in more game-ready than Webster.  Fuller has produced very well against what I think is probably better competition than Webster faced in High School.  Wish Webster would have enrolled for a semester in a prep school here in the states.

I could be wrong on this ...

I foresee Webster having a period of adjustment getting used to the higher level of competition in college and getting used to the American game.  He has skills; he has tools; but there will still be a period of adjustment, so I think we better temper some of our expectations.  I suspect Fuller might come in more game-ready than Webster.  Fuller has produced very well against what I think is probably better competition than Webster faced in High School.  Wish Webster would have enrolled for a semester in a prep school here in the states.

I agree.  I think Fuller has played against better competition during AAU than Webster has in NZ even including the olympics qualifier tournament.  It will be an adjustment to go from being "the man" to needing to be a great facilitator to players around you while improving your game.  Webster will be a good player, you see the flashes, but it wont be next year imo. 

I could see him playing the same amount of minutes as Sam Dekker at Wisconsin did at the beginning of the year and then hope he has the same progression Sam has had in conference by playing and scoring more as the year went on.

If Fuller can put anywhere near as good of a shooting display as Dekker did in the last matchup, I'd take that type of performance from a bench player "FOR" Nebraska !!

Okay, sooo, is it okay to have pretty high expectations for this kid?  An oh, tell me again how he got away from Bo Ryan?

He plays the same position as Dekker and they already had a couple other highly ranked shooters in the class.

I read somewhere, I think on huskersonline.com, that Wisconsin slow-played Fuller as they went after another highly-touted recruit.  When he fell through and went elsewhere, it was too late for Wisconsin to make up the ground they had lost with Fuller.  In other words, they wanted Fuller, they were just hopeful they were going to score a more highly-touted recruit whom they ultimately struck out on.

Okay, sooo, is it okay to have pretty high expectations for this kid?  An oh, tell me again how he got away from Bo Ryan?

He plays the same position as Dekker and they already had a couple other highly ranked shooters in the class.

I read somewhere, I think on huskersonline.com, that Wisconsin slow-played Fuller as they went after another highly-touted recruit.  When he fell through and went elsewhere, it was too late for Wisconsin to make up the ground they had lost with Fuller.  In other words, they wanted Fuller, they were just hopeful they were going to score a more highly-touted recruit whom they ultimately struck out on.

I think you read that here.  I think it was Kamdy who posted that Wisconsin thought they'd be able to get Semi Ojeleye from Ottawa, Kansas, and slow-played Fuller while they tried to get a commit from Semi.  But Semi ended up going to Duke instead and, by that time, it was too late for Fuller and he had already decided to go to NU.

That was posted here, I believe by Kamdy, several weeks ago.

I think you read that here.  I think it was Kamdy who posted that Wisconsin thought they'd be able to get Semi Ojeleye from Ottawa, Kansas, and slow-played Fuller while they tried to get a commit from Semi.  But Semi ended up going to Duke instead and, by that time, it was too late for Fuller and he had already decided to go to NU.

That was posted here, I believe by Kamdy, several weeks ago.

That was the story from Robin on one of their, for paid subs only stories, when he was asked about Wisconsin slow playing a local.  

Semi was a face in the crowd in Sports Illustrated this week. Wonder how his family ended up in Ottawa where my father used to run the head start program? Sort of amazing how basketball connects to one's life once you have been around long enough. I swear there is a photo of Oscar Robertson playing a game against KState in 1958 in the recent basketball issue and I see us sitting in the stands as one of the nameless blurred spectators. That was an NCAA game played in Lawrence which we attended.

Semi was a face in the crowd in Sports Illustrated this week. Wonder how his family ended up in Ottawa where my father used to run the head start program? Sort of amazing how basketball connects to one's life once you have been around long enough. I swear there is a photo of Oscar Robertson playing a game against KState in 1958 in the recent basketball issue and I see us sitting in the stands as one of the nameless blurred spectators. That was an NCAA game played in Lawrence which we attended.

Cool story, jimmykc.

Just saw Fuller was unanimous first team all-state

http://www.wisbca.org/news_article/show/236663?referrer_id=492300

Matt Thomas, the Rivals top 150 shooting guard and Iowa State recruit, didn't even make the honorable mention list.  Was his school not included in the category of schools included in this list?

I just looked it up and his school is a D2 school.  This was the Division 1 All State team so it looks like he wasn't eligible.