Season tickets

• 3 weeks later...

How much did you donate and how did you find out you got tickets? I'm on the wait list, donated $250/seat and haven't heard anything yet.

Can I ask if that's how much you're willing to donate or if that's how much they are accepting from you per seat? I'm assuming its how much you are willing to donate because when I went through this with the current season ticket holders, I was willing to donate way more than they ended up taking to try and move down as low as possible. They couldn't come up with seats for me at that price, probably because everyone renewed or had the same idea, and they came back with seats at a much lower donation price. I was pleased with where my seats ended up but I called the ticket office just to inquire and they magically found better seats for me, 9 rows closer to the action. I thought this process, with the basketball only donations and all, along with everyone coming into the fold needing seats at the same time, was going to be more open and fair than it was in the past. I was also told at the time when the current ticket holders seats came back that the lower bowl was basically sold out. I know that's not true. Obviously they were holding some seats back in case huge donors came about wanting seats. I was able to call back in and upgrade my seats plus now other new ticket wait list fans are finding seats in that lower bowl. I didn't mean for this to sound like a complaint session, I just think the ticket office has a fairly old fashioned way of handling everything with all the pink/yellow carbon copies and paperwork. You would think that there would be much easier/better/technology based ways of handling this situation such as a lottery or pick your seats online giving timed access based on current ticket/waitlist status and paid donation level.

Yes, they need to step into the current century in terms of technology.  But doing so would prevent them to keeping a shroud of mystery surrounding football and basketball tickets, which I think they get off on.  

It's laughable that they have a "wait-list" for either sport since there are tons of seats available for both football and basketball.  It should be a transparent process where at this point, everything that is available is shown online and you can pick where you want to sit/donate without having to have some ticket office lackey fib to you about what they have.

I would be careful there. For all of the previous season ticket holders they dropped the donation amount to the amount required for the seats they could given you regardless of how much you said you'd be willing to donate. For example, if you said you would donate $1000/seat but the best they could place you was the $100/seat range, then you only donated $100/seat. I would assume all of the seats in the $250 donation sections are gone since I couldn't get any of those back when I tried, but who knows. Like I said before, the ticket office obviously held back some seats and has a history of fishy business. I wouldn't put it past them to ask for $250/seat even if everyone around you was only paying $50. Don't get screwed.

Yes, they need to step into the current century in terms of technology.  But doing so would prevent them to keeping a shroud of mystery surrounding football and basketball tickets, which I think they get off on.  

It's laughable that they have a "wait-list" for either sport since there are tons of seats available for both football and basketball.  It should be a transparent process where at this point, everything that is available is shown online and you can pick where you want to sit/donate without having to have some ticket office lackey fib to you about what they have.

The wait list isn't because seats are available, it's so they can accomodate current season ticket holders first.  Everyone that is on the wait list will get seats, at least for hoops once they get all the invoicing taken care of for the current STHs.  Those went out a couple of weeks ago.  

Yes, they need to step into the current century in terms of technology. But doing so would prevent them to keeping a shroud of mystery surrounding football and basketball tickets, which I think they get off on.

It's laughable that they have a "wait-list" for either sport since there are tons of seats available for both football and basketball. It should be a transparent process where at this point, everything that is available is shown online and you can pick where you want to sit/donate without having to have some ticket office lackey fib to you about what they have.

The wait list isn't because seats are available, it's so they can accomodate current season ticket holders first. Everyone that is on the wait list will get seats, at least for hoops once they get all the invoicing taken care of for the current STHs. Those went out a couple of weeks ago.

Invoices? For the actual tickets or for the donations? I got mine for the donation part of it but I haven't received a ticket invoice yet.

The wait list isn't because seats are available, it's so they can accomodate current season ticket holders first.  Everyone that is on the wait list will get seats, at least for hoops once they get all the invoicing taken care of for the current STHs.  Those went out a couple of weeks ago.  

I get what you're saying, but there are far easier and more transparent ways to handle all this whole process.  They could've been done with all of this stuff last summer.

I get what you're saying, but there are far easier and more transparent ways to handle all this whole process.  They could've been done with all of this stuff last summer.

Transparent, yes, but as a season ticket holder, I appreciate the order in which they've done things.  Speaking only for myself, they've been very accommodating   

Also, I think the process is a bit more complicated than most of us realize.

Yes, they need to step into the current century in terms of technology. But doing so would prevent them to keeping a shroud of mystery surrounding football and basketball tickets, which I think they get off on.

It's laughable that they have a "wait-list" for either sport since there are tons of seats available for both football and basketball. It should be a transparent process where at this point, everything that is available is shown online and you can pick where you want to sit/donate without having to have some ticket office lackey fib to you about what they have.

The wait list isn't because seats are available, it's so they can accomodate current season ticket holders first. Everyone that is on the wait list will get seats, at least for hoops once they get all the invoicing taken care of for the current STHs. Those went out a couple of weeks ago.

I get what you're saying, but there are far easier and more transparent ways to handle all this whole process. They could've been done with all of this stuff last summer.

Transparent, yes, but as a season ticket holder, I appreciate the order in which they've done things. Speaking only for myself, they've been very accommodating

Also, I think the process is a bit more complicated than most of us realize.

Complicated-yes. Over complicated by 1980s business tactics such as mail response letters and carbon copied forms-yes.

Received the e-mail. Ended up with the $50/ seat. Sec.122 row 27.

Well crap... If you don't mind me asking when did you order them?  I ordered mine on February 11th and haven't heard anything.  Donated $100/seat.  I'm screwed I bet!

Are you a current season ticket holder?

No sir... haven't been able to be my son just turned 5 and the wife finally gave me the ok this year

Well crap... If you don't mind me asking when did you order them?  I ordered mine on February 11th and haven't heard anything.  Donated $100/seat.  I'm screwed I bet!

Are you a current season ticket holder?

No sir... haven't been able to be my son just turned 5 and the wife finally gave me the ok this year

Then you won't hear anything until after they have collected all the deposits from current ticket holders.  You'll get in, don't worry.  You'll probably even get a very good seat unless you're holding out for courtside.

About a month ago. Judging by where my tickets are, I would think that the lower bowl is probably about filled.