B1G Tournament

2 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I'm not knowable in any sport. That is why I keep my trap shut most times. Although I was a damn good catcher/1st baseman playing softball.

Oh, I'm sure you have some knowledge about sports. You played them, I bet. It's all good, we fanatics probably should bite our tongues more often, I'll agree with that notion. Hopefully Bolt gets the pieces together to make another run at a B1G title.

Oh, I'm sure you have some knowledge about sports. You played them, I bet. It's all good, we fanatics probably should bite our tongues more often, I'll agree with that notion. Hopefully Bolt gets the pieces together to make another run at a B1G title.
For one, he needs to upgrade the pitching.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Unsure where they go from here. They're close but idk what moves get them over the hump. I see Christy as a scapegoat a lot of places, but there is a strong case our Pitching staff was the 2nd best in the B1G behind Iowa. We should have been a tournament team, but 1 phase seemed to always fail us at the worst times. IDK how Bolt can figure out how to get them to play non-con games with a sense of urgency. If we beat the bad midwest teams in CU, UNO, NDSU SDSU  and don't sleepwalk against Iowa and San Diego  series - we could have won 40 games.

Pretty much a microcosm of the season, just seemed like we were always one or two plays short the entire season, and we were about 5 feet short on that final swing from Max.

That clutch gene that the 2021 team had everywhere ... this team never quite found it.

Bats just never got rolling in Omaha, although we hit quite a few balls hard today at least, unlike Thursday and Friday. MD made some great defensive plays and took advantage of 2 or 3 at'em balls.

Really disappointing on one level because MD was ripe for the picking this week. They were very beatable in all 3 games they played, but we and MSU couldn't take advantage. Really disappointing on another level because we will not make the NCAA in a season with 2 Top 5 round draft picks on the infield and potentially 2 other draft picks starting Friday & Saturday on the mound.

A step forward from last year, but I think this coaching staff is still feeling its way in the B1G. Looking at another pretty big roster turnover going into next year. 

Have to upgrade the schedule next season and place a greater emphasis on winning in the midweek.