B1G Tournament

3 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Nebraska had 6 walks and 2 hit batsmen in that inning.  Probably could have 7.  The 3 - 1 pitch to Swansen was a gift from the ump, and then Swansen swung at ball 4.

It felt like all of us could have just stood there at the plate for that inning and we would have scored.

3 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Was the guy out?

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

TBH, if he was called safe, it would have stood.  Him, being called out was to our benefit.  It was close.  Calling that a great play is an understatement.

9 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I'm gonna take a sliver of credit for the W.  At the seventh inning stretch, I said screw it I'm turning off the radio and I'll watch posts on HHC for a karma change.  What do you know!

A nebraska Star beef truck passed me today.He was headed toward Hastings.

31 minutes ago, brfrad said:
36 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Was the guy out?

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

TBH, if he was called safe, it would have stood.  Him, being called out was to our benefit.  It was close.  Calling that a great play is an understatement.

Not your point, but I'll mention it anyway...

There's value in the call on the field. Trained professionals who make the call as they see it. The cameras can't catch everything. The cameras also don't have intuition. So that's why there's value in the way the initial call was made.

That said, my first look at the review seemed like Rutgers was safe. But then the more I watched it, it was more and more difficult to see when the foot touched.

Call goes either way. Advantage goes to the call of the pros.

Whew. Not sure we deserved to win that one, but in tournament play, you have to win some ugly ones. 

To have RU's closer melt down like that was pretty crazy, but glad we were able to take advantage, since we missed some opportunities to deliver a knockout blow early.

That turn of the double play in the 8th inning was absolutely amazing. For Carey to get anything on the throw to 2nd was impressive enough, but Max's turn with the runner on top of him was a thing of beauty. Huge, huge play in the game.

Going to be a dogfight tomorrow. Need Jace to be ultra-sharp. Glad we're playing at night, as the ball won't travel in that park, and he'll have a better chance at negating UM's power. Of course we can't rely on power either, so hopefully we can manage some small ball runs.

1 hour ago, throwback said:

Whew. Not sure we deserved to win that one, but in tournament play, you have to win some ugly ones. 

To have RU's closer melt down like that was pretty crazy, but glad we were able to take advantage, since we missed some opportunities to deliver a knockout blow early.

That turn of the double play in the 8th inning was absolutely amazing. For Carey to get anything on the throw to 2nd was impressive enough, but Max's turn with the runner on top of him was a thing of beauty. Huge, huge play in the game.

Going to be a dogfight tomorrow. Need Jace to be ultra-sharp. Glad we're playing at night, as the ball won't travel in that park, and he'll have a better chance at negating UM's power. Of course we can't rely on power either, so hopefully we can manage some small ball runs.

Should have a fairly good crowd too with the night game and matchup