B1G Tournament

On 5/20/2023 at 9:07 PM, brfrad said:

It would be a better plan to play Wed, Thur, Sat, and Sun.

As someone who drew short straw at work and can't take off this week to watch day games, I like this plan. Lets do this one. 

I'm starting to get hyped. I love tourney games. 

4 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Maybe a controversial opinion and not sour grapes… but all teams should play their 1st game on same day.  No winning team should have to play in back to back days to start.

Even if you have to spread to two fields for Day 1.

I was thinking the same thing.  One scheduling tweak I thought of is play 3 games the 1st 2 days, but have the losers play twice.  So, you would have Tuesday games between the 1-8 and 4-5 games, the losers play at night.  Wednesday has 2-7 and 3-6 games, the losers play at night.  That way, the 1 seed can still use their ace, if they make it to the final, on Sunday.  Thursday, has 2 games, the winners of each game.  Friday gives us the schedule we have now.    I could see teams not wanting to play 2 games in 1 day, so early.  1 team will be gone before 4 other teams play their 1st game.  I suppose the current set-up is probably the best for all 8 teams.

These are great ideas, but you're asking a conference that hates spending more than 10 minutes thinking about baseball to actually put some thought into creating a fair schedule. 😁

I'm sure BTN was behind the schedule changes this year because they were tired of creating insomnia in their production crews by starting games at 11 pm last year. No one in the conference office seems to care about baseball, unfortunately.

Heck, at this point, their football schedule was left in such a mess by the previous disaster of a commissioner that they're probably down to spending 3 minutes thinking about baseball.

These are great ideas, but you're asking a conference that hates spending more than 10 minutes thinking about baseball to actually put some thought into creating a fair schedule. 

I'm sure BTN was behind the schedule changes this year because they were tired of creating insomnia in their production crews by starting games at 11 pm last year. No one in the conference office seems to care about baseball, unfortunately.

Heck, at this point, their football schedule was left in such a mess by the previous disaster of a commissioner that they're probably down to spending 3 minutes thinking about baseball.

Isn't the new commissioner a baseball guy so maybe that will change for baseball?

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk