Favorite Husker Basketball Player Of All Time!

BigTate

36 minutes ago, fr8-train said:

So many options....so many memories.  However, the one that rises to the top for me is Rich King since I knew him personally when he was in high school.  It also helps that he was a part of the best era of Husker Hoops.  

I met him at my church when he was a senior in high school and I was in 6th grade.  That was a big reason I became such a die hard Husker basketball fan.  He was one tall dude.  

He’s one of the former players I’d really like to see come back for Legends Weekend.  I can’t say that I’ve ever seen him come back to Lincoln.

Rich came to the reunion at P.O. Pears in the early days of HHC. He was working for Boeing in Seattle at that time since his pro career never panned out. I once purchased a jersey which Danny Nee donated at an auction and told everyone it was an old one of King's. When I got it home and looked a little closer the next morning, I realized it almost fit me (and I am no where near 7' tall!). Danny was the ultimate flim-flam man- probably why we was a good recruiter. 

• 2 weeks later...