yahoo's early big ten picks...

whoopdeedoo

We do have Talented Players returning; And Talented Players coming in.  At this point it seems to me coaching (-up) will be an important determinate in the degree of success we have this year.   It will be very interesting to see how the team develops during the season.

Here is why I am optimist about next season.  6 positives and one negative since our close loss to Kansas in our last game.  3 new talented freshman. 1  very experienced portal addition. Allison W. back.  1 new highly energetic assistant coach.  For the negative we lose Issie.  

Maybe overly optimistic, but I actually see us being 5.  Reasoning

1)  AW & DW should be able to free up our shooters, cause of their ability to drive.  Also cause I believe they are better passers.

2) Jaz, Callin and Logan are good shooters and should benefit from better ball movement 

3)  Alexa took expected lumps from being defenses focal points and should have a much better year

4)  I think MM will make a big jump

5)  I think the KU game was the confidence boost KM needed

6) though not talked about Miss Potts, I think will prove much more versatile than people think

7) I think the player development message has finally been heard

...Just my personal thoughts 

I sincerely hope we move up in the standings but I see Iowa, Indiana and Maryland being superior.  Bourne is going to be difficult to duplicate with what we have returning or coming in.  Depth in the backcourt should be improved.  Alexis M needs to make a jump in her post play.  My take may seem negative but I believe I am taking a realistic view.  I will be happy to be wrong.

Dang, wish I didn’t have to wait til late October to see them play again! Wish they could host a couple intrasquad scrimmages this summer that were open to the public. Heck, I’d pay 10 or 15 bucks to watch…could be a good little fundraiser if a couple thousand fans showed up! 😁