Wine dinner

26 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

His phone just rang again. I would say that he has been very intentive to his wife and the other couple they are with. That is why I am not asking for a selfie. Might ask Mrs though so that Norm can also tell me that I should be infatuated. 😁

Norm is an incurable horndog

2 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Hey I am sitting here with my wife at a wine dinner at the Venue and this tall guy with a hot wife just walked in and is a table away.  He gets a phone call and walks by to get it outside and it”s Fred!  Mrs is a very put together looking person. And yes he is drinking wine

I was afraid you were going to say it was Rick Pitino. Just watch out for that guy in restaurants...

13 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Hey I am sitting here with my wife at a wine dinner at the Venue and this tall guy with a hot wife just walked in and is a table away.  He gets a phone call and walks by to get it outside and it”s Fred!  Mrs is a very put together looking person. And yes he is drinking wine

Mrs. Silverback's reaction to husband horndogging a basketball coach during their romantic dinner:

table-flip-flipping-the-table.gif:

1 minute ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Mrs. Silverback's reaction to husband horndogging a basketball coach during their romantic dinner:

Queue the classic Twitter user:

"If you spent less time with your wife and having a nice dinner and more time focusing on this basketball team, then you'd have Nebraska's first NCAA tournament win already."

26 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Queue the classic Twitter user:

"If you spent less time with your wife and having a nice dinner and more time focusing on this basketball team, then you'd have Nebraska's first NCAA tournament win already."

Or, "If you had married a taller woman your sons would be 6'8" All Americans."

On 5/3/2023 at 7:16 PM, Silverbacked1 said:

When I called Fred, he told me some Boomer keeps staring at his wife...

Edited by cipsucks

This doesn't have anything to do with the wine dinner, but I like this thread and didn't want it to drop off the first page.

NCAA rules changes considered:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ncaa-committee-proposes-change-to-block-or-charge-calls-and-other-rule-modifications-for-upcoming-season/

Change in the block/charge rule is the most important, but some others that are interesting:

• Officials would be able to review goaltending/basket interference calls during the next media timeout to ensure the calls were accurate, as long as the official calls it on the floor. If there is a foul on the shooter while the ball is in the air with a goaltend/basket interference, the review would be immediate to properly adjudicate the potential free throws.
  • Under two minutes, when a coach requests an out-of-bounds play be reviewed, that team would be charged a timeout if the original call is not overturned.
  • A timeout would be able to be granted when a player has possession of the ball even though the player is airborne. (An example would be a player grabbing a loose ball and calling timeout before landing out of bounds.)
  • If a player commits three flagrant 1 fouls in a game, the player would be disqualified from the game.
  • Players would be allowed to wear numbers 0-99.

On 5/6/2023 at 9:26 AM, Chuck Taylor said:

This doesn't have anything to do with the wine dinner, but I like this thread and didn't want it to drop off the first page.

NCAA rules changes considered:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ncaa-committee-proposes-change-to-block-or-charge-calls-and-other-rule-modifications-for-upcoming-season/

Change in the block/charge rule is the most important, but some others that are interesting:

• Officials would be able to review goaltending/basket interference calls during the next media timeout to ensure the calls were accurate, as long as the official calls it on the floor. If there is a foul on the shooter while the ball is in the air with a goaltend/basket interference, the review would be immediate to properly adjudicate the potential free throws.
  • Under two minutes, when a coach requests an out-of-bounds play be reviewed, that team would be charged a timeout if the original call is not overturned.
  • A timeout would be able to be granted when a player has possession of the ball even though the player is airborne. (An example would be a player grabbing a loose ball and calling timeout before landing out of bounds.)
  • If a player commits three flagrant 1 fouls in a game, the player would be disqualified from the game.
  • Players would be allowed to wear numbers 0-99.

The 3rd one was allowed for a long time until they put a stop to it a few years ago.  I don't really understand why they would want to go back to that.  It's ridiculous.  If you're airborne, flying out of bounds, with the ball, you don't have 'control' of the ball because the end result is you will land out-of-bounds if you hold the ball.  There is no true possession (other than the physical act of holding the ball) because the 2 options available are try to throw the ball back in before you land or continue holding the ball until you land which is a turnover.

On No. 5, maybe they could also include fractions, non-integer numbers, Roman numerals (XXXII instead of 32 would be cool) or symbols for mathematical constants such as pi.