Josiah Allick Is N

Seeing his highlights and seeing his interviews on this thread and the other ( a post game from last season ), this young man is very impressive.  Seems very bright and thoughtful ( isn’t just throwing out lame sports speak ).  I knew very little about him until today.  Very glad he’s a Husker.

9 hours ago, lang said:

Seeing his highlights and seeing his interviews on this thread and the other ( a post game from last season ), this young man is very impressive.  Seems very bright and thoughtful ( isn’t just throwing out lame sports speak ).  I knew very little about him until today.  Very glad he’s a Husker.

Perfect example: When the reporter asked him about the last play of regulation and he's says, yeah, they're going to pull my 'defense' card over that one. I think the reporter thought the teammate botched the play and Josiah was like, nope, it was all my fault. No excuses. Just this is what I was trying to do, but I didn't communicate it to my teammate and that's how I botched the play. And then I almost did it again at the end of OT. (paraphrased.)

I mean, yeah, that was refreshing. Guys who take responsibility like that are the guys who are very coachable. And he was trying to base his decision to come here on basketball reasons and not just because his sister is a rockstar on the volleyball team, so he's looking to work on his 3-point shot and get back to the level he was at when he was at UMKC. And he thinks Fred can get him there. And I have every confidence he will give it the effort it requires.

From Hoiberg

"We are thrilled that Josiah has decided to come home and play his final season of college basketball at Nebraska," Hoiberg said. "Josiah is as hard a worker as anyone, and his toughness and energy will be a huge benefit for our team and something our fans will embrace. Josiah is an excellent rebounder who has the ability to score both inside and outside. He has made big contributions at both UMKC and New Mexico in his college career, and we expect he will be able to impact our program similarly in a very positive way both on and off the court."