Ahron Ulis is N

2 minutes ago, 49r said:

That's the first place I went actually but I was disappointed to see only like a couple of posts in that thread since he committed to NU.

The posts about what fans thought of a guy leaving is what I'd consider to be a somewhat useful assessment. Posts about him transferring here don't seem like they'd be useful because it's 'our archrival sucks' content.

Just now, hhcmatt said:

The posts about what fans thought of a guy leaving is what I'd consider to be a somewhat useful assessment. Posts about him transferring here don't seem like they'd be useful because it's 'our archrival sucks' content.

I also checked out CycloneFanatic and they're discussing it too.  If there's any school they hate and obsess over as much as Nebraska it's UIowa.

They too did not provide much helpful insight other than Ulis sucks and we took him only out of desperation after missing out on Sallis.  They also think that Hoiberg will likely get fired this year.  (Nebraska didn't fire him after last season because they can't afford his buyout).  Stuff like that.

14 minutes ago, 49r said:

I also checked out CycloneFanatic and they're discussing it too.  If there's any school they hate and obsess over as much as Nebraska it's UIowa.

They too did not provide much helpful insight other than Ulis sucks and we took him only out of desperation after missing out on Sallis.  They also think that Hoiberg will likely get fired this year.  (Nebraska didn't fire him after last season because they can't afford his buyout).  Stuff like that.

If we do bomb this season and FH gets sacked, the very Iowa St-Creighton thing we could do is hire Greg McDermott as we can pay him much more than the Jays.

16 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

I'm sure your tongue is fully in the cheek with that one, Matt. I think McDermott should remain on the plantation since he has no more sons left to accompany him to a new gig.

I'd prefer that FH keep upping his win total but when you put together coaches who can work well in this area, our history of buying Creighton coaches, and our ability to outspend the Jays I wouldn't rule it out at all.  This seems to be a thread about how a new uniform can change your attitude about a guy, no? 

Quote from HCFH

"Ahron is a player we've gotten to know well having faced him five times over the last three seasons," Hoiberg said. "He brings a lot of valuable Big Ten experience to our program. Ahron possesses a very competitive defensive mindset, while offensively he is a talented ball handler and playmaker who is good in transition. In 2022 when Iowa won the Big Ten Tournament, he shared his team's Top Playmaker Award. Ahron has been to three NCAA Tournaments and comes from a great Marian Catholic high school program in Chicago. We're excited about the winning mentality he will bring to our team."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...