Ahron Ulis is N

4 minutes ago, 49r said:

Pretty solid backup option after missing out on Sallis if you ask me....but I don't know a lot so....

OK, so he's a MUCH better perimeter shooter than Sallis. He's not a volume guy, so that's good. Won't mess with our chemistry in terms of guys being uptight about who's going to get the shots.

He's not quite as good at the stripe as Sallis, but he's certainly respectable.  His assist:turnover ratio is much better.

He started on an Iowa team that danced. He knows the Big Ten. Him vs. Sallis is a coinflip if you ask me.

I'm comfortable with this.

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Lot of negative takes out there, but some (most) could just be sour grapes.  At this point, we had to get something... as a back up... and we did.

Hopefully the buy in is there, and he'll be a key cog in the rotation.

This was already a homerun off-season of recruiting. We're reaching walk-off HR territory.

5 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

If you need to compare Ulis to Sallis, sorry but Sallis is the better player.  Now, if you're talking playing a guy at the point, Ulis is a point whereas Sallis would be a guy you're trying to turn into a point.

Ullis is a solid veteran get and a guy who's played in the B1G for 3 years on a team like Iowa where he was used to moving the ball around.  Not sure if there is a very high ceiling but the floor of being a plug-in 20+ minute a game guy at point, a position of need.

We'd only be looking at Sallis the PG, not Sallis the SG. So, apples to apples, PG to PG, that's the comparison. I don't think we were looking at Sallis for any other role than PG. And maybe that's how he ended up at Wake. And I'm OK with that.

I try not to be overly cynical but until our recruits in all sports other than perhaps volleyball, rifle and bowling, start producing results,  I cannot overhype this offseason or any other.  These recruits look good, but are they comparable to the other Big Ten schools?  Can we win NCAA tournament games with them?

Let's check back next March.

I'm very good with a solid role player on this NU squad. I think Ahron Ulis will fit in well with what Fred & Co. need him to do here. Let's see what we got when the fall scrimmage is unveiled to the public. Very optimistic with Rienk Mast & Brice Williams also in the fray for starter-type minutes. Things really are coming together with a couple more pieces yet to be revealed. GBR

12 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I try not to be overly cynical but until our recruits in all sports other than perhaps volleyball, rifle and bowling, start producing results,  I cannot overhype this offseason or any other.  These recruits look good, but are they comparable to the other Big Ten schools?  Can we win NCAA tournament games with them?

Good point. That said, I am heartened by how Gary and Bando played last year. Gives me hope that Mast, Williams and Ulis will follow suit. 

12 minutes ago, 49r said:

Robin just tweeted that Ulis has two seasons of eligibility (as does Mast and Williams) - so that's interesting.  Guess I thought they all were going into their last season of eligibility.  🤷‍♂️

The only player on our roster going into his last year of eligibility next season is Keisei

36 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I'm only here in the offseason for @cipsucks salsa competitions.