Ahron Ulis

Put up similar number to Lawrence last season with the caveat this was his 3rd year.

Seems like a role player in a role we need that maybe he blooms.

Potentially comes in as a game one starter. Read he's tough on defense but no idea if that translates into our team approach (assuming we run that again)

The real big question here is if you bring this guy in and he's a 10-15 minute bench player does he torpedo your locker room?

Find this one interesting a bit. Has a reputation for good defense. He's the guy I would've wanted originally honestly. Have no real opinion on him. Stats are ok? Not sure what to think.

IF he ends up here, Lloyd has to be ready to go. I have faith in Lawrence, but Lloyd will be getting some ball handling minutes also.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I haven't watched this guy enough to have much of an opinion.   I was curious to see his free throw percentage.  Hopefully Lawrence will dramatically improve his free throw shooting, but if he doesn't he can't be in close games toward the end.   FWIW, Ulis shot 18-20, 90%  his first year at Iowa, 38-48, 79% his second year, and 29-41,  71% his third year.  

9 hours ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

Think Juwan Gary at guard.  

Extremely fast, elite defender, unpolished but pretty effective at times offensively.  Serviceable shooter.  Impacts the game in many ways.  

For our newly found identity, great fit if we can get him.  Definitely could play PG. 

So if him and Gary are on the floor at the same time the plan is neither teams scores? I kid I kid 😅

55 minutes ago, HB said:

I haven't watched this guy enough to have much of an opinion.   I was curious to see his free throw percentage.  Hopefully Lawrence will dramatically improve his free throw shooting, but if he doesn't he can't be in close games toward the end.   FWIW, Ulis shot 18-20, 90%  his first year at Iowa, 38-48, 79% his second year, and 29-41,  71% his third year.  

I'm hoping that was freshman jitters for Lawrence. It's just gotta be. Everything else about him suggests he should be 70% plus from the line. Something to keep an eye on.

2 hours ago, HB said:

Hopefully Lawrence will dramatically improve his free throw shooting

Was terrifying to see him get fouled during B1G play.  Probably shoots 70% if someone had brought in a bat that they carved with their father from a tree that was hit by lightning and then everyone on the team decided to wear a lightning patch on their jersey.

Not a bad pick-up. Obviously the staff, with agreement from the players, felt there was definitely a need from more of a "point guard" type position. I don't feel we would have done this if they didn't believe KT and JL would be happy with it, at least. No idea on Lloyd Jr., but I also don't know exactly what his position/role is. 

I mean... starting experience for solid teams in the B1G, NBA level athlete (not an NBA guy, I believe, but athletically gifted), and a dawg defensively. 

19 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Not a bad pick-up. Obviously the staff, with agreement from the players, felt there was definitely a need from more of a "point guard" type position. I don't feel we would have done this if they didn't believe KT and JL would be happy with it, at least. No idea on Lloyd Jr., but I also don't know exactly what his position/role is. 

I mean... starting experience for solid teams in the B1G, NBA level athlete (not an NBA guy, I believe, but athletically gifted), and a dawg defensively. 

if he ever learns how to finish in the paint and around the rim he could be really solid, he has no issues getting past his guy