Allison Weidner recovery

Bugeaters1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HUD said:

Nice article on Allison today In Lincoln Journal Star.  I cancelled my subscription so can't get it to put on here.

More descriptive on the injury.  Torn  meniscus in 2 places in addition to the ACL.   Will travel to Greece but won’t be able to play.  

The two transfers plus the new freshman, will definitely be of benefit while Allison rehabs, coming into next season. Already have some guards, but some reinforcements are welcomed.

We're going to be a new land a bit different next season, will be fun watching them develop and gell once again. 

A new lineup is all guess work for now, but we will have a different makeup. 

Summer practice starts next month (I think), would love to watch the "goings on"....be the "fly on the wall"

Edited by redsteve

Sorry, thinking of men's basketball transfer guards I had just read about, among several other sports (and schools), that I was reading about while sitting waiting for an hour, in a doctors office (for wife).

Sorry, one new guard transfer and one new guard, women's BBall commit recently. 

• 3 months later...

39 minutes ago, Huskerfanzzz said:

With Weidner, White and Jazz in the backcourt, and Markowski dominating the boards, it seems like this team could really do something this year. But who is the 4?? Coley??

In my estimation it will be a battle between Potts, Petrie and Coley with Stewart playing center backing up Markowski at least until Mendelson joins the team assuming Maggie doesn't redshirt.  We will have a lot of depth this year.

Agreed. I just moved here last year and started following the team halfway through the season, so I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you when it comes to the players. Do you think Steward can play the 4? Once Mendelson is there to back up Markowski? I read somewhere that Williams doesn't typically start freshmen...have you known that to be the case? 

I would like to see Moriarity break into the rotation.  She has skills but has yet to assert herself in a confident manner on the court.  Krull would give us a good, veteran presence coming off the bench.  Coley seems to be without a consistent position, whether it be a 3 or 4.  I hope Potts and Petrie can soften the loss of Bourne. 

I also really like Moriarity. It just seems like this team is super deep! I'm excited to see how they mesh. I have followed Darian White since high school, because my niece played against her in high school, and also in the Big Sky, and people are definitely in for a treat with her. I have a feeling this team will be a lot faster than last year with her leading the charge. 

On 9/8/2023 at 10:54 AM, HUD said:

In my estimation it will be a battle between Potts, Petrie and Coley with Stewart playing center backing up Markowski at least until Mendelson joins the team assuming Maggie doesn't redshirt.  We will have a lot of depth this year.

my sister who lives in nebraska came to visit me this past weekend. she is a huge follower of the vb team. just thought i would pass this bit of information she passed along to me. two players one might want to keep an eye on once this school year is over: one is Maggie Mendelson and the other is Allie Batenhorst. tough to keep everyone happy with all that talent...not to mention the future commits. i will add both her and husband do have pretty good connections. hoping she is wrong, but, wouldn't be a big shock.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

2 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Maybe Maggie will focus solely on basketball if VB doesn’t work out.  I don’t think she is going to unseat Jackson but we need to remember that she is still younger than the freshman class.  Batenhorst has to beat out Krause because Murray is too good.

yes, her age did come up in the discussion.

I agree with all the above discussions.  Volleyball at Nebraska is unique with it's level of talent.  As for Maggie at the end of this VB season she will have to make a decision on whether her future is in VB or BB.  Obviously I hope it's BB.  If it is she could redshirt  a year and still be with the team picking up skills and experience and then have 3 seasons left, one with Markowski  and two after that. She could become quite a force on the BB court.  If she chooses VB then it more than likely will be the portal.  We have 3 great recruits coming next year in VB including a high rated middle blocker.

On 9/11/2023 at 12:03 PM, HUD said:

I agree with all the above discussions.  Volleyball at Nebraska is unique with it's level of talent.  As for Maggie at the end of this VB season she will have to make a decision on whether her future is in VB or BB.  Obviously I hope it's BB.  If it is she could redshirt  a year and still be with the team picking up skills and experience and then have 3 seasons left, one with Markowski  and two after that. She could become quite a force on the BB court.  If she chooses VB then it more than likely will be the portal.  We have 3 great recruits coming next year in VB including a high rated middle blocker.

completely agree...........remember, she has stated vb is her #1 choice. not saying she couldn't change her mind.