Creighton (15-14) vs. Nebraska (21-11-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

29 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

And, it basically renders the bases loaded situation as a "game-deciding" at-bat, now. They certainly should have tried to end it last night, in my estimation.

Metal spikes with metal bats with metal light standards and metal dugouts...and lightning.  Baseball and lightning do not mix well.

• 3 weeks later...
Appears Omaha may only get some light showers... so should be played.

Game 1: Need to take advantage of a bases loaded no out to start this 7th.  2-3 runs would be best.  If we don't, I could see us losing this one.

Game 2: Just win baby!
The rain has stopped here. But the wind is blowing 40 +.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

I figured when they cowardly left Lincoln last month, that CU would probably win the suspended game back at their own friendly confines. That whole stopping play when lightning was LEAVING the area last month, that's garbage. They should have finished this initial game in Lincoln, that same night, no matter how long it took. *end of rant*

2 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

I figured when they cowardly left Lincoln last month, that CU would probably win the suspended game back at their own friendly confines. That whole stopping play when lightning was LEAVING the area last month, that's garbage. They should have finished this initial game in Lincoln, that same night, no matter how long it took. *end of rant*

I do agree with this.  When you're only 30-45 minutes away and you have a ground crew as good as UNL's... you finish that game that night or make them drive back.

13 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I do agree with this.  When you're only 30-45 minutes away and you have a ground crew as good as UNL's... you finish that game that night or make them drive back.

Nebraska is so frustrating to even watch in baseball. I'm following when I can, but I have a difficult time paying close attention. That situation really bothered me, though.

I never thought a Bolt team would be this poor in fundamentals.   Hawkins comes in with the bases loaded and 1 out.  Gets a ground ball to 3rd, get the out at home.  1 pitch away from getting out with no damage.  Hawkins hits the next batter to force in a run.  Frustrating.   Still lead by 2 in the 7th.

I'm glad Nebraska won the finale (7-4), as by doing so the Huskers broke a stranglehold. But, in reality, the Big Red shouldn't have to break a 5-game losing streak to CU, with tonight's win being Bolt's first win against Creighton. Now, back to trying to figure out a way to avoid Maryland in the Big Ten tourney (provided NU makes it, of course). GBR