New Herbie Husker

hhcmatt

15 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

I honestly don't understand why they didn't do Herbie bouncing a ball in the first place. Seems like the kind of last minute/rushed/lazy photoshopping design I'd do. More than once I'm sure I've said something like "I know its gonna look like crap but yolo"

The original blonde chunky Herbie was just some derivative of football Herbie full of errors.

Picsart_22-01-31_12-30-34-817.jpg?fit=64

So they corrected the errors but didn't seem to really consider how awkward it is to have Herbie pull out the double pistols on the ball twirl.  It's tough because Herbie spinning the ball has become iconic and having him dribble is risky because that might not be as popular.

23 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

The original blonde chunky Herbie was just some derivative of football Herbie full of errors.

So they corrected the errors but didn't seem to really consider how awkward it is to have Herbie pull out the double pistols on the ball twirl.  It's tough because Herbie spinning the ball has become iconic and having him dribble is risky because that might not be as popular.

Why not spinning two basketballs?

23 hours ago, Red Rum said:

I honestly don't understand why they didn't do Herbie bouncing a ball in the first place. Seems like the kind of last minute/rushed/lazy photoshopping design I'd do. More than once I'm sure I've said something like "I know its gonna look like crap but yolo"

Seems like lazy branding to begin with.

I think we need "Anime Herbie"  Contract Keisei to sell to Japan.

16 minutes ago, 49r said:

Okay I think I've perfected Matt's Hoops Herbie for avatar purposes, in case anyone is interested in using it.  😁

image.png

Seriously, that the athletic department did not seek counsel from HHC members on the design of the "new" Herbie as he pertains to basketball is proving to be a significant misstep 😅

1 minute ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Seriously, that the athletic department did not seek counsel from HHC members on the design of the "new" Herbie as he pertains to basketball is proving to be a significant misstep 😅

I believe we should try to get this out there on social media as much as possible.  If enough people see it out in the wild perhaps someone who matters will take notice.

40 minutes ago, 49r said:

Okay I think I've perfected Matt's Hoops Herbie for avatar purposes, in case anyone is interested in using it.  😁

image.png

Does it bother you at all that the Huskers script is a different shade of red than the hat and trim?

2 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Does it bother you at all that the Huskers script is a different shade of red than the hat and trim?

I bet if you took the official Pantone value of the Scarlet we use and compared it to the RGB value in the logos it wouldn't match either...

1 minute ago, 49r said:

I bet if you took the official Pantone value of the Scarlet we use and compared it to the RGB value in the logos it wouldn't match either...

Here is the official 2023 Brand Guide I pulled this all from

Putting this year in part for me as I keep referencing it

Brand Guide