Nick Janowski is N

hhcmatt

16 hours ago, NUdiehard said:

Just watched his 12 minute highlight video. Not overly athletic, but this kid is a straight up hooper. As a junior in HS has more polish than most college seniors. Obviously hard to read too much from just a highlight video, but he gives me some real Tominaga vibes in the way he shoots/plays. 

One question I have is whether he is a PG or a SG. If he is not a PG then he is a bit small and unathletic for the 2, and may have defensive limitations similar to Keisei 

He’s got great size for a college 2-guard, let alone a junior in high school.  6’4” 200+ is even good size for an NBA 2-guard nowadays. There aren’t any Tracy McGradys out there anymore. 

29 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

He’s got great size for a college 2-guard, let alone a junior in high school.  6’4” 200+ is even good size for an NBA 2-guard nowadays. There aren’t any Tracy McGradys out there anymore. 

We will certainly be able to run some if the Sam g post uo stuff with him.  Most college guards are not well versed at checking post ups.  He doesn’t have the brute strength and size of sam but is much more skilled down there and a better touch on the step backs.  

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

The word on the street is that Wisconsin is prioritizing Kon Knueppel over Nick Janowski so it remains to be seen who ends up having a better college career and/or if Wisconsin loses out on both guys.

Both teams play within Wisconsin's "Woodland West" division in which Nick's team (Pewaukee) went 11-1 to Kon's team's (Wisconsin Lutheran) 10-2.

image.png

For what it's worth, it appears that Nick's team beat Kon's team fairly handily the three times they faced each other this season.  In the first game at Lutheran, Nick dropped an 18-8-8 stat line.

image.png

Kon scored 33 to Nick's 21 in the second game and in their state playoff game they finished with 14 and 13, respectively.

Nick has better ball-handling and polish to his game, and is more athletic/better-conditioned.  He usually had the assignment of guarding Kon whereas Nick was never guarded by Kon unless they ball-screened and switched.  Kon is a great scorer and rebounder and is still a good defender, just seems to rely a little more on his length.  Will not be fun facing him if he does become a Badger.

Here's a video of the second contest between the two teams if you want to see some full-game action:

2 hours ago, millerhusker said:

The first article I read about him listed him at 6’2” so that height was in my mind. I see others refer to him as 6’3” and rivals at 6’4 so if he is a legit 6’4 then I agree that is good size for a 2 guard. 

Edited by NUdiehard